Electrical Issues again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I finally get it faster and now it doesn't work after only 4 passes in the 120's. It moves about a foot or two then shuts off like its going into fail safe or something. I checked all connections and even re soldered one,no difference. I tried 3 different batteries and no change. Is it possible the dx5 receiver can't handle,or did I try my castle xlx. Any input would be helpful, thanks.

Doubt that its the Rx.
4 passes in the 120's.... have you been monitoring temps between passes?? At those speeds (great BTW), temps may have fried the XLX... IDK.:unsure:
What were your temps between each pass?? Are you/can you retrieve log data from ESC right now?

Doubt that its the Rx.
4 passes in the 120's.... have you been monitoring temps between passes?? At those speeds (great BTW), temps may have fried the XLX... IDK.:unsure:
What were your temps between each pass?? Are you/can you retrieve log data from ESC right now?
I got to 200 only one time, I need to back off on the timing a little
Doubt that its the Rx.
The max voltage went to 28.6 volts,that's a new battery

Last edited:
Hitting these numbers requires zero timing IMO.(y) No T. advance.:)
I think most of the hard core speed guys leave T. at zero.(y):cool:

Log data may paint a picture for you if its retrievable.
Can you bench test the motor?

Log data may paint a picture for you if its retrievable.
Here you go
20200329_125021.jpg

Not that timing cannot be used... but its very easy to overshoot your timing. Then the motor gets the brunt of the hit.

Ripple was good. BEC/5.5v was dead on good.(Rx is ok)
(y)
186F temp wasn't too bad considering. Your RPMs were over the top perhaps and related to timing? IMO.
Look over the motor well. Reset the ESC to defaults.? I always leave my Timing at zero until I know I have everything running perfect. All my data is perfect and always consistent. Only then will I advance timing conservatively. That's just me. :cool:

Ripple was good. BEC/5.5v was dead on good.(Rx is ok)
(y)
186F temp wasn't too bad considering. Your RPMs were over the top perhaps and related to timing? IMO.
Look over the motor well. Reset the ESC to defaults.?
K,I will try it,if that don't work, I will switch reciever

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back