Electrical Issues again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope not,doesn't smell burnt
Do you have a receipt for your motor purchase? It should give you the winding info. If it’s a Y wind, the 15 degrees timing should have been fine.

The TP4070 2250 is a 2Y winding chaps.

Iirc D windings are ok to advance a little but a Y not?

Edit- Its the other way round..

D winds don't respond to Timing advance at all. The winds just heat up.
@jondilly1974 is dead on correct.
Need to confirm your if your TP motor has its windings Delta wrapped or Y wrapped. This will better paint a picture of your issue.

See.
TP4070_16-900x900.png

The TP4070 is also rated up to 50k RPMs and his logs show 68k. I would be taking that motor apart and taking a good look.

:unsure:
Need to vet this D vs Y info. So we are all on the same page.:LOL: If OP has a Y then maybe Timing is not an issue.
But timing in general is usually avoided across both winds. Or at least done conservatively with one or the other.
Im seeing conflicting info on D vs Y on in searches.:unsure:
The TP4070 is also rated up to 50k RPMs and his logs show 68k. I would be taking that motor apart and taking a good look.
I agree. The log doesn't lie. 68K rpm.:cool: Wow. Over reved????? whether Timing was a factor or not. Perhaps this Y motor did accept timing advance and over reved it.

Need to vet this D vs Y info. So we are all on the same page.:LOL: If OP has a Y then maybe Timing is not an issue.
But timing in general is usually avoided across both winds. Or at least done conservatively with one or the other.

I was sure I'd read previously that D can be advanced.. but when I rechecked a few moments ago, I found that to be wrong. :/

I believe I got my info from Raz

Imo its more likely to be the receiver.. but I guess the Tx is also possible.

I want to add that timing is considered only using a sensored setup. These are AC motors and efficient timing control requires feedback from a sensored circuit with a motors Hall sensors. :cool:
Anyone else care to comment? Not to move away from the OP's issue.

I want to add that timing is considered only using a sensored setup.
Holding the other motor in hand ,I can't get it to stop,so I probably wasted the tp, but I don't have a load on it
Holding the other motor in hand ,I can't get it to stop,so I probably wasted the tp, but I don't have a load on it
Scratch that, I feel the motor kicking back,so either the esc or controller

To isolate the radio from the equation, do you have a servo tester to operate the Speed control and observe if motor still wont stop?
Could be the motor. Open it up??? Test the phase circuits with a VOM. Look at the arm and windings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back