Electrical Issues again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was into scale car rodding, but I think this hobby is much safer for me now.:LOL:
Yeah,I guess my break is over, time to put the receiver back in the other car
I was into scale car rodding, but I think this hobby is much safer for me now.:LOL:
Yeah,I guess my break is over, time to put the receiver back in the other car

Really, mine have been up to 180
I would NOT have done that in the summer months here. The lipo/ESC would have torched itself for sure. It was last fall around 50F deg out.

I only charge at 1C. All my lipos. Whether they are 2 or 3 C rated or not. But I was doing sustained speed running my Kraton 6S on Belted tires on a 1/4 mile Bicycle Banked velodrome track. I drove it for almost 5 laps full on with 6s. I hit 69 MPH. (GPS) Tall gears. 18 pinion. Drove it till LVC hit. Took temps. Off the chart. It was a stupid experiment. It was fun but cost me abit. Lipo lived but hit 160F. Motor bearings were done. All the diffs were smoked. Now I'm building my Limitless for that Velodrome. Better suited for this driving. But my Kratons chassis was eventoo hot to touch that day. It smelled real hot.
I charge mine at 2.1 amps

I would NOT have done that in the summer months here. The lipo/ESC would have torched itself for sure. It was last fall around 50F deg out.
Here's a pic of the new body I did yesterday

Attachments

• 20200328_220442.jpg
    20200328_220442.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 30
Real nice paint work. (y) (y) (y)
Im not sure if I want a Kraton 8s or a Typhon 6s. A Typhon would round out my collection.:unsure: I keep eying a Tekno SCT. But I am not a SCT guy at all. I have an AE SCT, not that it even compares to a Tekno SCT. I like to build. And Tekno builds are awesome. I have an MT410 already. The Kraton 8s just doesn't grab me yet. Maybe its too controversial??? The Tekno SCT may cost as much as a Kraton 8s for me when I am finished.
The Typhon or the Tekno SCT? But honestly, I get the feeling that once I finish the Tekno sct, I may not drive it much. I don't like driving my AE SCT 4x4 right now. I don't like SCT bodies. Not a fan of closed wheel bodies. That's why I am not intrigued by the Mojave 6s.
What do you think? The Typhon would share many spare parts I already have with my 6S rigs... You can do so many different things with the Typhon 6S. :cool:

Last edited:
Real nice paint work. (y) (y) (y)
Im not sure if I want a Kraton 8s or a Typhon 6s. A Typhon would round out my collection.:unsure: I keep eying a Tekno SCT. But I am not a SCT guy at all. I have an AE SCT, not that it even compares to a Tekno SCT. I like to build. And Tekno builds are awesome. I have an MT410 already. The Kraton 8s just doesn't grab me yet. Maybe its too controversial??? The Tekno SCT may cost as much as a Kraton 8s for me when I am finished.
The Typhon or the Tekno SCT? But honestly, I get the feeling that once I finish the Tekno sct, I may not drive it much. I don't like driving my AE SCT 4x4 right now. I don't like SCT bodies. Not a fan of closed wheel bodies. That's why I am not intrigued by the Mojave 6s.
What do you think? The Typhon would share many spare parts I already have with my 6S rigs... You can do so many different things with the Typhon 6S. :cool:
I love my typhon so much that I just turned my talion into a typhon since I had so many extra parts. It has the talion diff gearing still but I am going to put on some 2.8 trenchers like the guy on you tube and try it. I also just like the look of the buggy . I'm sure you would be really happy to, but it's your decision, I just like a vehicle that's not too big.

(y)Thanks., I like buggies too. Guys do so many different things with the Typhon. And I know its very fast and light also.:cool:

(y)Thanks., I like buggies too. Guys do so many different things with the Typhon. And I know its very fast and light also.:cool:
Yes,they are a lot of fun, I believe mine is at 10 lbs with the battery in it

I’ve found the first pass is never the best. Usually second or third is my best. Past third run is diminishing returns tho. ??

My third pass has been the best until I changed battery
I just spoke with castle and they said I probably blew the bec in the xlx, that it keeps restarting like it is, I have to send it back for warranty, hopefully it gets covered, I guess I will be buying my 8th esc in five months

I just spoke with castle and they said I probably blew the bec in the xlx, that it keeps restarting like it is, I have to send it back for warranty, hopefully it gets covered, I guess I will be buying my 8th esc in five months
The esc was the issue, put a new one in and no problem, going to send it back for warranty, thanks everyone for the imput

The esc was the issue, put a new one in and no problem, going to send it back for warranty, thanks everyone for the imput
Scratch that, going to throw the car in the canal and walk away, the new esc just blew on the first pass, not even a full one,but hit 117, it smells burnt,figures,take a look at the esc

Attachments

• 15860276959206490199186301872444.jpg
    15860276959206490199186301872444.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 29
Well its speed run time here in the Pacific NW. My PR is only 103 ☹

Very pricey
Yeah, its pricey 2 esc's in 2 weeks no good, the more you tune and change things the faster you will go. I just broke the 100 mph mark just a month ago and now my pb is 125

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back