Electrical Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I blew one of the caps on the esc

Attachments

• 20200105_144319.jpg
    20200105_144319.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 44
Sure does... If you are handy with a soldering iron that cap should be replaceable.
Hmmm... I wonder if this is affecting your receiver due to increased voltage ripple.
I have no idea,never had an issue with my castle esc,had it a long time, now I have 2 of these maxx 6 combos,hope this isn't a reoccurring problem.
I have no idea,never had an issue with my castle esc,had it a long time, now I have 2 of these maxx 6 combos,hope this isn't a reoccurring problem.
I run 6s 100c lipo

Probs just high voltage spikes pushed it too far but check the caps polarity was correct.

If its a wax sealed esc that would be tough to get into to solder a new one in... I'd just remove the blown cap, making sure the remainder of the cap legs arenting going to short out on anything, reseal it with something and add a seperate cap pack.

Probs just high voltage spikes pushed it too far but check the caps polarity was correct.

If its a wax sealed esc that would be tough to get into to solder a new one in... I'd just remove the blown cap, making sure the remainder of the cap legs arenting going to short out, reseal it with something and add a seperate cap pack.
Probably just get a maxx 5 and put in my typhon so it will be faster and put that one into the talion and send the bad one to hobbywing, should be warr,I would hope. Its wouldn't be from turning the controller to 50 percent when I'm running around the circle track would it, because most of the time I'm running 100 percent.

If its still under warranty then ideal.

Does the Max5 fit in the Typhon? I'd thought it was too big when I last considered it. Maybe it was some other reason why I dismissed the idea though..

I think a Max5 is too large. If you want a better quality ESC go for an MM2 Retro.

Since last week I bought a dx5rugged controller and extra reciever to run both cars,bought a new maxx 6 esc and was denied in 15min from hobbywing on an esc that's only a couple weeks old, hopefully I don't blow a cap on this new one, because I don't see anything wrong with the car.

Is it possible I have too much gearing causing the capacitor to blow?

Today I blew the same middle capacitor on the maxx 6 on the typhon that I blew on the maxx 6 on the talion in which started this thread. I honestly don't think these hobbywing esc can handle what they say,I have not gone over 6s and was under 100 on the motor and esc temps,any input would help.

Today I blew the same middle capacitor on the maxx 6 on the typhon that I blew on the maxx 6 on the talion in which started this thread. I honestly don't think these hobbywing esc can handle what they say,I have not gone over 6s and was under 100 on the motor and esc temps,any input would help.
Damn dude. I’ve actually never heard of that issue too much! They’re known to not be speed running escs because of their hate for extreme currents.

Get yourself a max5 or a mamba monster of your choosing.

Damn dude. I’ve actually never heard of that issue too much! They’re known to not be speed running escs because of their hate for extreme currents.

Get yourself a max5 or a mamba monster of your choosing.
I gonna have to,but it did the same in my talion first which is just for fun,its not good.

I gonna have to,but it did the same in my talion first which is just for fun,its not good.
What setup have you been running by the way? (Motor, gearing, and tires)

And mister @jondilly1974 loves his retros and I don’t blame him, but if you do decide to take that path I suggest you just buy a normal mamba monster 2, as you won’t notice a single difference at all when bashing or speed running south of 100mph, so there’s no point in spending the extra money.

What setup have you been running by the way? (Motor, gearing, and tires)
I bought their maxx 6 combo with a 1650 for both,I got the grp s2 tires yesterday and I'm running a 36 on center and 35 on pinion and has a lot of bottom end still and goes pretty fast but today was slow on the first run,maybe it blew then

I bought their maxx 6 combo with a 1650 for both,I got the grp s2 tires yesterday and I'm running a 36 on center and 35 on pinion and has a lot of bottom end still and goes pretty fast but today was slow on the first run,maybe it blew then
Yup that is steep gearing especially for a max6 dude

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back