Electrical Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup that is steep gearing especially for a max6 dude
Even though its moves so easily and picks up fast,doesn't struggle at all, and I know it's a torque motor so it really doesn't have to spin as fast as a speed motor so it handles the gearing good . Will the maxx 5 be enough, because I can change things around and make it fit.
What lipos are you using? Any cap pack?
I'm running a power hobbies 6s 100c lipo,and no cap pack,the hobby store owner said I didn't need it, that was one of my first questions I asked him when I started to build this car.

Even though its moves so easily and picks up fast,doesn't struggle at all, and I know it's a torque motor so it really doesn't have to spin as fast as a speed motor so it handles the gearing good . Will the maxx 5 be enough, because I can change things around and make it fit.

I'm running a power hobbies 6s 100c lipo,and no cap pack,the hobby store owner said I didn't need it, that was one of my first questions I asked him when I started to build this car.
Brushless motors aren’t like brushed motors in the overgeared sense. Brushed motors lose all of their grunt when overgeared. Brushless motors do not. The only thing brushless motors do when they’re overgeared is get way too hot.

The max5 should be enough.

Brushless motors aren’t like brushed motors in the overgeared sense. Brushed motors lose all of their grunt when overgeared. Brushless motors do not. The only thing brushless motors do when they’re overgeared is get way too hot.

The max5 should be enough.
Okay, but I check the temps quite often doesn't get hot,especially doing just a couple short runs,and both of the esc where at their factory specs for the heat cutoff,but I know hobbywing will say my fault and basically tell me to pay 80 and they will give me one. Between buying 2 cars and mods i spent just over 3 thousand so its frustrating and want to go on with making it faster. I would like to see how fast i can get that 1650 to go on the stock size typhon without extending the chassis or wheels,thanks for all the help, I guess I will start changing the steering and reciever box around to fit the maxx 5 and cat pack

I did a lot of jumps yesterday and today and now I'm having some issues with my talion. It seems like response is off and steering works but not as good. It has the hobbywing maxx 6 and the battery is good. Even with the battery out,if u turn the wheels side to side,both of the fans turn,does anyone know what that's all about?
Don't know if this is related but I have a set of lights just cheep ones two front white and two rear red. When I have no battery on the car and transmitter is off when I manually move the steering the back lights flash red

Don't know if this is related but I have a set of lights just cheep ones two front white and two rear red. When I have no battery on the car and transmitter is off when I manually move the steering the back lights flash red
Its possible, I had no battery in mine with a blown capacitor turn wheels back and forth both my fans would turn
What is a better esc to get,the maxx 5 or mamba xlx, ?

Its possible, I had no battery in mine with a blown capacitor turn wheels back and forth both my fans would turn
What is a better esc to get,the maxx 5 or mamba xlx, ?
I'd also like to know this. I was thinking maxx5 in my noto but was advised it would be overkill. So I'm thinking the max6 for myself to run the notorious on 6s or 8s just for a giggle. I currently run it on 4 or 6s at the moment but want something that's going to install fairly straight forward and not require much mods or fabrication

The motor can also be a generator ???

Do u know which is better, the mamba xlx or maxx5
I would think the Max5 is better for a basher and the XLX would be better for speed runs. I don’t own either but I am going off how people use each one. I’m assuming this is for the Talion mentioned earlier? A MAX6 would be fine. I would ask @bicketybam for his input as he has a MAX6 in his Talion.

I would think the Max5 is better for a basher and the XLX would be better for speed runs. I don’t own either but I am going off how people use each one. I’m assuming this is for the Talion mentioned earlier? A MAX6 would be fine. I would ask @bicketybam for his input as he has a MAX6 in his Talion.
Actually I blew the maxx 6 in the typhon that I'm building to go fast

Actually I blew the maxx 6 in the typhon that I'm building to go fast
A speed runner Typhon would need a MM2 Retro or an XLX depending on how much space you have. You’ll also need a cap pack for the Castles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back