Electronics in every car or rebuild now and then?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have full electronics in every car?

Or do you have some cars where you take out ESC, motor and receiver and move it to another car when you have that "wrenching urge"?

Once you start doing your own builds it's probably due to spare parts just lying around. Some builds - actually quite a few - I have not made as it makes little sense when I look at the price tag before the build.

Kind of makes sense to just add a Max6 and receiver but that also really adds up with a few rigs. And is basically dead capital.

Just wondering if new builds would be more natural if I decided to not add motor, ESC and receiver. Just have a note in the car about what motor and gearing works well. And within half an hour that car would be ready to rumble again by removing the powertrain from another rig ....

Every single one of my rigs has it's own electronics. I'm too lazy for anything else to be honest. I do swap them around sometimes when I want to try something different.

Yep, they all get their own setup for me too. Hey, you gotta make do with what ya got, I've played the swappa game plenty of times in the past. Life is good, all current rigs have dedicated electronics!!👍😁
Don't forget to recalibrate the throttle range and steering endpoints.
Also, I have built out most of my rigs with rtr takeoff esc's and motors. Can save alot of money that way.

Last edited:
Same here all rigs are complete.

Wondering if should do have some builds with one or two drive trains that move between them.

If it was too much money for me to put electronics in each vehicle, I'd probably just need fewer vehicles.
I only have a few rigs and I tend to stick with cheaper electronics from Jenny's, so it's never an issue. But to each their own.

If it was too much money for me to put electronics in each vehicle, I'd probably just need fewer vehicles.
I only have a few rigs and I tend to stick with cheaper electronics from Jenny's, so it's never an issue. But to each their own.
You could do RC on the cheap. 4 rigs one set of tires and 1 ESC/motor combo. Just move them Between all 4.

All have there own. And I keep usually spares 2 or 3 ESC's and currently 4 motors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back