Outcast Electronics upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was thinking of replacing my Outcast 6S EXB electronics with better ones. I was searching for cheaper options so these aren't the best of the best, but they are still good for the price. Does anyone have a better suggestion?
These are my favourites:
ESC & motor combo: Hobbywing Max8 & 4274 2200kv motor
Servo: JX Ecoboost servo
Radio: DumboRC radio
I would consider the max8 4274 combo an even swap for the stock electronics. The max8 should be slightly more durable than the Firma but if you’re going to spend the money I’d go ahead and just spend $60 more and get the Max6 4985 combo. Crazy power over the max8 combo and will run a lot cooler.

Thanks for the answers.
Since everyone of you recommended it I'm probably gonna go with Max6 4985 combo. I'm just not sure if it will fit in the car.
it will, it even fits in a typhon. And imo, you're making the right decision to get the max 6 over max 8

I personally would go for lightweight and consider the max8 esc and a rocket 1720 kv 4082 motor. Its probably a little bit stronger than the stock and cheap. The hw 2200kv motor will probably run to hot.
The max6 combo is imo to powerfull, a lot heavier and has a tendency to run hot too. Mine does in my stock kraton. I ordered a rocket 4082 Motor because I think the HW 4985 is just uncontrollable in the Kraton, in the Noto/Outcast it will be even more of a wheely machine as it has a shorter wheelbase.

I use a dumbo RC transmitter/receiver and it‘s fine. Don‘t know the Ecoboost servo but use a DS3235 one, it was very cheap and performs good.

Last edited:
I personally would go for lightweight and consider the max8 esc and a rocket 1720 kv 4082 motor. Its probably a little bit stronger than the stock and cheap. The hw 2200kv motor will probably run to hot.
The max6 combo is imo to powerfull, a lot heavier and has a tendency to run hot too. Mine does in my stock kraton. I ordered a rocket 4082 Motor because I think the HW 4985 is just uncontrollable in the Kraton, in the Noto/Outcast it will be even more of a wheely machine as it has a shorter wheelbase.
I can probably adjust the settings on the esc so it doesn't wheely as much. About motor running to hot, should I buy a fan for the motor? Btw thanks for your opinion.
it will, it even fits in a typhon. And imo, you're making the right decision to get the max 6 over max 8
Does the motor fit as well, or do I need to get a new motor mount?

It seems that for some people it runs fine without fans. Others have it running hot with fans. So opinions seem to differ but (after reading a couple of threads) fans seem to be used most of the time.

I have my punch setting at 3, did a standing backflip when I accidentally touched the throttle 🙂. it’s really much, much stronger motor than stock. Maybe running it on 4s would mellow it down a bit.

I have my punch setting at 3, did a standing backflip when I accidentally touched the throttle 🙂. it’s really much, much stronger motor than stock. Maybe running it on 4s would mellow it down a bit.
Mine does standing backflip stock with 14T pinion gear. So with max6 esc and bigger motor it should be even more powerful. To make it less powerful I can just put on a smaller pinion gear. Later, I can even run it on 8s, if I would want more power. I'm curious how fast it would go.

Though one could also grow into the power of the max6 combo. I lower the EPA on my kraton with max6 combo every time I use it with the ramp. 75% max throttle is nice for air control. I also lower the throttle epa whenever the wifey wants to drive the Kraton as she doesn't normally like all the power. This is with a 24t pinion and 50t spur.

If you have a decent radio this is a non issue really.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back