EM Performance Diff Lockers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Anyone ever tried these? I was looking into getting a couple and Scorched would be my first pick but they are out of stock right now and I came across these. I bought some off ebay and the shaft twisted like a pretzel so I am a little hesitant on anything other than scorched.

https://emperformanceproducts.com/product/emp-dementia-132-drag-race-1-8-1-7-arrma-front-lock-kit/

Edit: Scorched back in stock so that's that! But still any experience with these would be interesting to know

Last edited:
Anyone ever tried these? I was looking into getting a couple and Scorched would be my first pick but they are out of stock right now and I came across these. I bought some off ebay and the shaft twisted lime a pretzel so I am a little hesitant on anything other than scorched.

https://emperformanceproducts.com/product/emp-dementia-132-drag-race-1-8-1-7-arrma-front-lock-kit/

Edit: Scorched back in stock so that's that! But still any experience with these would be interesting to know
I don’t have that exact set but a previous version of both the EM and Scorched and both didn’t hold up for me.

I don’t have that exact set but a previous version of both the EM and Scorched and both didn’t hold up for me.
Well damn, hopefully scorched has a little better material now. Do you run lockers anymore or do you just put thick stuff in the diffs?

Well damn, hopefully scorched has a little better material now. Do you run lockers anymore or do you just put thick stuff in the diffs?
I have the solid aluminum blocks that go in a stock cup for now. The new scorched ones should be better. He did warn me as I bought them that they wouldn’t take a lot of abuse and he was redesigning them. I was willing to risk it for the biscuit

I know the gpm ones I tried sucked the holes never lined up
Yeah GPM is not a go to for that kind of stuff for sure. Some stuff is ok but I would never trust a locker with their cheese metal
I have the solid aluminum blocks that go in a stock cup for now. The new scorched ones should be better. He did warn me as I bought them that they wouldn’t take a lot of abuse and he was redesigning them. I was willing to risk it for the biscuit
Sweet, I run those in my other little truck atleast those you don't have to feel as bad when/if they break. Plus chances are the pin will just snap. I just always wanted the scorched ones so now I will! Fingers crossed they hold up for some time. Always gatta risk it for the biscuit :ROFLMAO:

I've never tried a locker,JD is there much of a difference between 20 million fluid an a locker???
I like lockers simply because I don't have to mess with diff fluid🤣

I used 20 mil in my 8s outcast diff and yeah it was damn tight to turn by hand but I think full lock is a lot different

I like lockers simply because I don't have to mess with diff fluid🤣

I used 20 mil in my 8s outcast diff and yeah it was damn tight to turn by hand but I think full lock is a lot different
Just fill your diffs with epoxy and wait 24 hours. Should amount to roughly the same thing :)

Just fill your diffs with epoxy and wait 24 hours. Should amount to roughly the same thing :)
Now that's an idea lol!! Does that actually work? Seems like it would break free. I thought I saw someone post that they tried that awhile back but I don't remember

Now that's an idea lol!! Does that actually work? Seems like it would break free. I thought I saw someone post that they tried that awhile back but I don't remember
I'm fairly certain that should work a treat. I've seen Raz fill diffs with CA in one of his videos. I just imagine epoxy being a lot more durable.

Did you get my hot sauce product recommendation in the other thread? :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back