Ender 3 pro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3d-rc.myshopify.com

Eat,sleep and breath Arrma
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Senton 3s
Looking to get into printing for fun. Been looking around and keep ending back at the ender 3 pro.
Is there a better printer or a better way to go around it? What will I need to get up and printing? What tips and tricks are there? Please fill my head with must do's and know how's
I am on a $400 budget for everything I need. Thanks ahead of time. I know we have some great people out here with great work

Get an ender 3 v2 and watch some videos on common upgrades. The pro has a magnetic bed that can cause warping on some parts
See that's great info. I would never have known that. So are you saying the pro isn't worth it?

See that's great info. I would never have known that. So are you saying the pro isn't worth it?
Well, it depends, Specs:
Original 3v2:
  • Technology: FDM
  • Print Area: 220 x 220 x 250mm
  • Nozzle: 0.4mm
  • Filament: PLA, ABS, TPU
  • Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
  • Max. Print Speed: 200mm/s
  • Max. Layer Resolution: 0.1mm
  • Print Precision: +/-0.1mm
  • Heated Bed: Yes
  • Connectivity: SD Card, USB
  • LCD Screen: Yes

3 pro:
1608931407127.png
Sorry if I am not helping, or if you have already looked at this.

The Ender 3 Pro is a great choice. I have two in stock configuration and I have one that I have added a ender extender kit to. (400x400x250). Couple of things. Don't use the filament that comes with it. It's crap. I've had very good luck with overature and hatchbox. The magnetic build surface is "cute" but it will not last long. It will also demagnetize around 80-85c (may not be an issue depending on what you are doing). Grab a 3 or 4mm piece of tempered glass to use (less than 20 bucks) A lot of the enhancements you can actually print, some are gimmicks, but some really work great! As for the V2 version, it seems to have a LCD as a big selling point (not so much for me) and a decent set of knob tensioners for the belts. I have never had to adjust my belts so I can't say that is a benefit. If you look hard enough, you can find the Ender 3 Pro for about 180 bucks. NOT THE 3, THE PRO!!! Make sure you get the PRO or the V2. There is a ton of support for these machines on forums and other websites. They're stable, relatively inexpensive and fun. Grab yourself a set of stiffer bed springs (less than 6 bux) and just print until you destroy the magnetic build surface (then either buy another or get a piece of glass). You can VERY VERY easily have a nice, functional easy to use Ender for under $400.00. Grab some extra nozzles, replace the white ptfe tube with the blue capricorn tubing (tighter tolerances, higher temperatures to hot end) and go.. That being said, I feel very confident you can get the printer, glass, capricorn tubing, springs and extra nozzles for under 260 bucks.

Last edited:
Well, it depends, Specs:
Original 3v2:
  • Technology: FDM
  • Print Area: 220 x 220 x 250mm
  • Nozzle: 0.4mm
  • Filament: PLA, ABS, TPU
  • Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
  • Max. Print Speed: 200mm/s
  • Max. Layer Resolution: 0.1mm
  • Print Precision: +/-0.1mm
  • Heated Bed: Yes
  • Connectivity: SD Card, USB
  • LCD Screen: Yes

3 pro:
View attachment 115803Sorry if I am not helping, or if you have already looked at this.
All I gathered is the pro prints a wider selection of materials lol been watching a bunch of videos all day seems the v2 is better then the pro in little things. As a hobbyist what materials will we print with the most?
The Ender 3 Pro is a great choice. I have two in stock configuration and I have one that I have added a ender extender kit to. (400x400x250). Couple of things. Don't use the filament that comes with it. It's crap. I've had very good luck with overature and hatchbox. The magnetic build surface is "cute" but it will not last long. It will also demagnetize around 80-85c (may not be an issue depending up what you are doing). Grab a 3 or 4mm piece of tempered glass to use (less than 20 bucks) A lot of the enhancements you can actually print, some are gimmicks, but some really work great! As for the V2 verion, it seems to have a LCD as a big selling point (not so much for me) and a decent set of knob tensioners for the belts. I have never had to adjust my belts so I can't say that is a benefit. If you look hard enough, you can find the Ender 3 Pro for about 180 bucks. NOT THE 3, THE PRO!!! Make sure you get the PRO or the V2. There is a ton of support for these machines on forums and other websites. They're stable, relatively inexpensive and fun. Grab yourself a set of stiffer bed springs (less than 6 bux) and just print until you destroy the magnetic build surface (then either buy another or get a piece of glass). You can VERY VERY easily have a nice, functional easy to use Ender for under $400.00. Grab some extra nozzles, replace the white ptfe tube with the blue capricorn tubing (tighter tolerances, higher temperatures to hot end) and go.. That being said, I feel very confident you can get the printer, glass, capricorn tubing, springs and extra nozzles for under 260 bucks.
So with the v2 having larger memory would that be a reason to get that? I do plan on getting the db touch for the bed leveling does the v2 need the stiffer springs? So don't even use the material it comes with? What materials should I get?

Last edited:
Great printer either way the v2 might be less hassle but I had very few issues with my ender 3 pro. A glass build plate is nice and the printer is very adjustable and easy to use in my opinion.
i use ultimaker cura slicer and it works great and has an ender profile so you don’t have to make your own settings profiles.

All I gathered is the pro prints a wider selection of materials lol been watching a bunch of videos all day seems the v2 is better then the pro in little things. As a hobbyist what materials will we print with the most?

So with the v2 having larger memory would that be a reason to get that? I do plan on getting the db touch for the bed leveling does the v2 need the stiffer springs? So don't even use the material it comes with? What materials should I get?
Well, I have seen people print a lot of big things, but if you are going in for fully custom projects then the pro might be for you!

Well, I have seen people print a lot of big things, but if you are going in for fully custom projects then the pro might be for you!
Mostly just to make things to make them. Nothing special. Maybe some tool holders for the speed bits or some stuff to get me organized or a camera mount. Small things like that really. At most side skirts for the infraction

More often than not, I print in PLA. It's very forgiving and easy to work with. All three printers will print pla, petg, and tpu(will require tweaking). Not sure about the larger memory unless you are referring to the 4.2.2 motherboard itself. The majority of the Ender 3 Pro printers all come with the newer 4.2.2. Unless there is a old old Ender 3 Pro collecting dust somewhere, the V2 and 3 Pro have the same motherboard. I believe this happened around the 3rd quarter of last year. There is also a 4.2.7 board which has has silent TMC stepper drivers and it is QUIETTTTT! All I hear on mine is the fan spinning. 4.2.2 and older boards have a very low but pronounced dot matrix printer sound.

You will definitely want stiffer spring regardless of which printer you choose. Now...if you're going to run a auto bed leveling setup, replace the springs with identical length spacers and say goodbye to springs..

More often than not, I print in PLA. It's very forgiving and easy to work with. All three printers will print pla, petg, and tpu(will require tweaking). Not sure about the larger memory unless you are referring to the 4.2.2 motherboard itself. The majority of the Ender 3 Pro printers all come with the newer 4.2.2. Unless there is a old old Ender 3 Pro collecting dust somewhere, the V2 and 3 Pro have the same motherboard. I believe this happened around the 3rd quarter of last year. There is also a 4.2.7 board which has has silent TMC stepper drivers and it is QUIETTTTT! All I hear on mine is the fan spinning. 4.2.2 and older boards have a very low but pronounced dot matrix printer sound.

You will definitely want stiffer spring regardless of which printer you choose. Now...if you're going to run a auto bed leveling setup, replace the springs with identical length spacers and say goodbye to springs..
Yeah I read the v1 has a smaller memory and running the auto level takes up all the space. I ended up ordering the ender 3 v2 , ender 3 upgrade kit which has better springs and some tubing and something else. I haven't ordered material yet as I am doing homework on that now. Plu looks great for test parts. I kinda want to find a software for making parts and play with that for a bit. Any recommendations?

Aaahhh. Ok. So that is in reference to the v1.1* series boards that are 8-bit. Both the 4.2.2 and 4.2.7 are 32-bit boards and are definitely better suited for add-ons. Both the Ender 3 Pro and Ender 3 V2 come with the 4.2.2 32-bit boards. The 4.2.7 is a "upgrade." The old 8 bit board is up top, the 32 bit below.

Tinkercad, Fusion, Sketchpad are good places to start designing stuff.

**edit Sketchup. Not sketchpad. Autocorrect.....ugh

20201225_202618.jpg

Last edited:
Aaahhh. Ok. So that is in reference to the v1.1* series boards that are 8-bit. Both the 4.2.2 and 4.2.7 are 32-bit boards and are definitely better suited for add-ons. Both the Ender 3 Pro and Ender 3 V2 come with the 4.2.2 32-bit boards. The 4.2.7 is a "upgrade." The old 8 bit board is up top, the 32 bit below.

Tinkercad, Fusion, Sketchpad are good places to start designing stuff.

View attachment 115849
downloaded fusion 360. simple enough i have experience in 5 axis design just have to learn how this 1 works. do we know if a material is better suited then the nylon in rpm parts? i know metal not plastics lol looking at ara with glass fiber now but think it might be to ridged. any thoughts?

RPM parts? The aftermarket RC manufacturer?
yes correct they use an industrial nylon that flex a bit too much and bends driveshafts. is there a more ridged material less likely to break like stock i have found a couple carbon blends but at $100 a spool.

Looking to get into printing for fun. Been looking around and keep ending back at the ender 3 pro.
Is there a better printer or a better way to go around it? What will I need to get up and printing? What tips and tricks are there? Please fill my head with must do's and know how's
I am on a $400 budget for everything I need. Thanks ahead of time. I know we have some great people out here with great work
Ender 3 V2 would be a better choice

I don't believe you are going to be able to print that level of part without a ton of mods to your printer. Nylon is pretty durable. I've never owned a RPM part so I have no clue about their flexibility. You can definitely print nylon on your printer, again with a host of modifications. The carbon blends are nothing more than a mixture of whatever they're mixed with (PLA PETG ). You're also going to need a hardened nozzle or similar and set up from a .4mm to something larger. Those particles will make your .4 nozzle a jam-o-matic. I tried printing wood a couple of times trying to recreate Groot. I did it. I wouldn't do it again. It was for a friend's kid who was arguably more excited about my 3d printer than I was at the time. There was a user up here....I can't recall who that actually printed some a-arms for a vehicle. If I recall they seemed to work.

found it...
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3d-printed-typhon-arms-holding-up-thus-far.19689/

yeah not trying to get all crazy with it yet lol.... that will have to be a later project then. thanks for all your info...

While you guys are talking 3d printers.....I am hoping to pull the trigger in January. I am wondering how much space you guys have to work in, not counting the actual footprint of the printer. Trying to figure out how much space I really need to print comfortably and store supplies.

Only spare space I have is in my bedroom on my dresser lol. Glad it's kinda quiet lmaooooo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back