Ender 3 pro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went w/ a v2. The glass bed that comes on the v2 works well. I moved up to an extender kit thats plain glass vs the coated glass that the v2 comes with and the plain glass is a learning experience.

I think theres a video out there about the different versions of the ender boards.

I went w/ a v2. The glass bed that comes on the v2 works well. I moved up to an extender kit thats plain glass vs the coated glass that the v2 comes with and the plain glass is a learning experience.

I think theres a video out there about the different versions of the ender boards.

Yes it is! I settled on masking tape. I use a glue stick when I run out of masking tape.

Yes it is! I settled on masking tape. I use a glue stick when I run out of masking tape.
I've tried the gluestick and hairspray and they help. haven't tried painters tape yet but I may. Been having big problems w/ prints not sticking. Opposite problem of what I've seen from others needing the scraper to get their prints up.

I've tried the gluestick and hairspray and they help. haven't tried painters tape yet but I may. Been having big problems w/ prints not sticking. Opposite problem of what I've seen from others needing the scraper to get their prints up.
Have you adjusted your Z offset? What build surface do you have?

Have you adjusted your Z offset? What build surface do you have?
I've been playing w/ the z offset. I'm in the ballpark. w/ the bed and nozzle warm I'm dragging a sheet of paper. Doesn't crunch when I push it but I do feel resistance.

Surface now is straight glass. I've tried gluestick and hairspray. gluestick worked better but still takes a couple of shots before it goes. Getting a little bit of lift in the corners too.

I need to do some more playing. Maybe some higher temps on the nozzle, I've seen a couple of test pattens, need to give them a go.

Have you tried brims or rafts? Blue painters tape works very very well. I didn't have adhesion issues until I switched to ordinary tempered glass. The tape also seems to last longer on the tempered glass than it does on the textured carborundum. It probably adheres better due to the smooth surface. I have never tried hairspray but I use glue when I run out of tape. I put it on the bed and bring it up to temp and let it sit for about 15 minutes then bring the nozzle up to temp and print.

Is it particularly drafty where your printer is?

I've read a few posts where people would lightly sand the tempered glass with a high grit but I've never tried it.

It's not drafty, I've put it in a closet believe it or not. It's almost in it's own cubby so the air is very still and stable.

Glue stick does get better, but still had a few come loose - seems like the first couple of layers is where the action happens. If it makes it past that it's good.

I've read up on the blue painters tape and may try that.

Brims have higher rates of success but it's not assured. haven't tried a raft yet.

The carborundum that came w/ the ender3 v2 had better success rates but even then it was never difficult to get them off.

So has anyone used nylonX? Looks to be a great alternative to the stock and rpm wing mount.
I just watched this video and have no idea what she said lmaooooo

Last edited:
What are they selling?

:)

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 9.58.21 AM.png

BTW-
Once you get started you might want to consider OctoPrint and a Raspberry Pi for printing without the need for a thumb drive or direct connection.

I've gone through all the blood, sweat, and tears to get mine set up. It can be tricking but once set up it's sweet.

Good luck and have fun. My pics of the modifications for the Felony were printed using the Ender 5 Pro with PLA. Yes, I had to print in multiple parts and glue and sand but I wanted the smaller footprint.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/shout-out-to-camaroboy383-for-new-felony-mods.31580/#post-437729

Last edited:
What are they selling?

:)

View attachment 116145
BTW-
Once you get started you might want to consider OctoPrint and a Raspberry Pi for printing without the need for a thumb drive or direct connection.

I've gone through all the blood, sweat, and tears to get mine set up. It can be tricking but once set up it's sweet.
I did already look into the octo and pi. That is the plan. I like the idea of watching it from work lol.

I would never print unattended remotely unless you are referring to having someone at the location in case anything goes wrong.
But yes, it has remote capabilities.

I would never print unattended remotely unless you are referring to having someone at the location in case anything goes wrong.
But yes, it has remote capabilities.
Unfortunately yea I am speaking of unattended for longer prints. I work 6 days a week 12 to 15 hr days. I know it probably isn't the best idea. Although I don't plan on doing any 5 hr + prints any time in the future. More of a novelty then anything. I will be setting this up in the basement in a climate controlled room so more of setting the laptop on the counter while I do my chores.

Unfortunately yea I am speaking of unattended for longer prints. I work 6 days a week 12 to 15 hr days. I know it probably isn't the best idea. Although I don't plan on doing any 5 hr + prints any time in the future. More of a novelty then anything. I will be setting this up in the basement in a climate controlled room so more of setting the laptop on the counter while I do my chores.
Understood. Since it would be in the basement, I'm sure you will feel safe. Also, if placed away from anything that would be an issue it would be fairly safe if the off chance of a fire.

Understood. Since it would be in the basement, I'm sure you will feel safe. Also, if placed away from anything that would be an issue it would be fairly safe if the off chance of a fire.
Fire????
What is this about fire? Is that a thing?

So has anyone used nylonX? Looks to be a great alternative to the stock and rpm wing mount.
I just watched this video and have no idea what she said lmaooooo
Haven't tried Nylon X or anything else that has carbon spun into the filament mostly because I hear carbon composites are a pain with clogging and really only do well with a really nice steel nozzle, upgraded all metal hot end, and modifying marlin firmware to print to higher temps than what the stock ender firmware let's you, like up to 285°C or so. Also at those higher temps you will definitely need to upgrade your PTFE to the capricorn dark blue tubing, the stock PTFE won't hold up.

If you want to try a normal nylon that is strong enough for impact parts that works with a stock ender I recommend trying Taulman 910 nylon. I have also tried Polymaker PC-Max polycarbonate which prints similar to the Taulman 910, main difference was it's a little trickier to get it to stick to the bed and is a bit more sensitive to warping, at least in my experience.

Both of these were recommended to me by @Camaroboy383 so if you want a better opinion on nylon x he'd probably know, he has experience with an using more exotic materials than me.

Haven't tried Nylon X or anything else that has carbon spun into the filament mostly because I hear carbon composites are a pain with clogging and really only do well with a really nice steel nozzle, upgraded all metal hot end, and modifying marlin firmware to print to higher temps than what the stock ender firmware let's you, like up to 285°C or so. Also at those higher temps you will definitely need to upgrade your PTFE to the capricorn dark blue tubing, the stock PTFE won't hold up.

If you want to try a normal nylon that is strong enough for impact parts that works with a stock ender I recommend trying Taulman 910 nylon. I have also tried Polymaker PC-Max polycarbonate which prints similar to the Taulman 910, main difference was it's a little trickier to get it to stick to the bed and is a bit more sensitive to warping, at least in my experience.

Both of these were recommended to me by @Camaroboy383 so if you want a better opinion on nylon x he'd probably know, he has experience with an using more exotic materials than me.
Thank you for the heads up. Much appreciated. I am not looking to just yet upgrade to the all metal hot end or a steel nozzle just yet. I do have the capricorn tubing, springs and what ever else comes in the v2 upgrade kit I found on Amazon. I already have a few things in the queue to print like bigger knobs and covers for the rails and gaurds.. maybe after I perfect the simple shapes I will try more complicated things lol.. I am designing a fan shroud right now. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back