Big Rock Enferius' Big Rock Thrasher Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After running it for a few runs you might find that the springs are very stiff and the truck will bounce around at high speeds over bumps. On my Big Rock I changed the springs to Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs and it fixed the bouncing problem and is still stiff enough for jumping.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-a...aOtdLp_bXbzUrqxhtyD-wZAdXUoGC6x4aAmVIEALw_wcB

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-a...t76x3qcIz0yBCrYR-QqtMof0o3rDxmNIaAsD2EALw_wcB
That's awesome thankyou I've just ordered them will be here within two days 👌
I've got the big rock rpm arms already fitteD
Do you have pictures of your suspension set up front an back please for reference

That's awesome thankyou I've just ordered them will be here within two days 👌
I've got the big rock rpm arms already fitteD
Do you have pictures of your suspension set up front an back please for reference
Yeah, here is a few pictures. Hope they help. The nice thing about the Team Associated springs is that they are black and look pretty good.
20210530_175854.jpg
20210512_105306.jpg
20210512_105251.jpg

I bought a Big Rock as an early birthday gift to myself and took it out thrashing today after work this evening. I mostly stayed on the street and followed random cars because it was funny. I stayed a safe distance back, no worries.

Overall, this truck is pretty damn solid. I managed to lose control and smack a curb at about 35 to 40 mph and flip a dozen times until it stopped. But it didn't break. Nothing at all. It just kept going for it man! It has great throttle response, handles grass well and it just moves! But it's not without it's problems.

The suspension feels a bit too soft. It bottoms our way too easily. Swapping to different shock oil should help.

The stock tires balloon way too easily. And they're already narrow as it is. This makes it hard to maintain control at it's maximum speed beyond short bursts.

Here's what I have on hand for mods, because I watched a lot of YouTube on this truck while I waited for it to arrive. And now I see why it needs some adjustments.

Outcast 4S Trull Roll Hoop
25kg Annimos Servo
Hot Racing Servo Saver
Hot Racing 17mm wheel adapters +10 offset
ProLine Badlands MX28 Wheels/Tires
RPM Typhon A Arms
TBone Racing Aluminum Front Bumper

Still waiting on Jenny's RC to restock the Typhon tie rods. Also debating on fixing a Kraton 4s center brace and possibly a wing. But I am not a big fan of the Outcast wing so I may try to see if I could potentially fit a Typhon or Kraton wing. When the Big Rock body takes a dump, I am going to be converting the truck over to a Kraton 4S body. At the rate I'm going, this body is going to be destroyed in no time. 🤣🤣🤣

If you have any suggestions, the comments are open!

Edit: 6/7/2021
Updating photos regularly as mods are put on. Here is a list of everything that is currently on the truck!

ProLine Badlands MX28 17mm
Hot Racing 17mm Hex +10mm offset
RPM A-Arms front & rear
Outcast 4S Truck Roll Hoop
Typhon 3S Wing & Mount
T-Bone Racing XV6 Front Bumper
Kraton EXB 6S Front Shocks(on rear)
Mojave EXB 6S Front Shocks(on front)
Team Associated Yellow Springs(front & rear)
Arrma CVD Slider Drive Shafts(rear only)
Annimos 25kg Servo
Hot Racing Aluminum Servo Saver

*Mojave shocks came in, but they're different sizes. Currently waiting for the second batch to come in from my ebay seller, they are not currently on the truck*

If you have any questions about my mods, feel free to ask. This was an incredibly fun build so far! I will, at some point, convert the body to a 4S Kraton body(painting myself). For now, I'm just going to enjoy this as is.

View attachment 149207

View attachment 149208

View attachment 150702

View attachment 150703

View attachment 150704

View attachment 150705

View attachment 150706

View attachment 150707

View attachment 150753

View attachment 150754
Did you manage to change to the Typhon tie rods? Are they longer than the stockers? Someone mentioned the poor quality of the Hot Racing and recommended the GPM ones.

Also, how is the drive now with the upgraded 25Kg servo and HR servo saver.

Am contemplating the above upgrades including CVD driveshafts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back