Kraton Engine upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, I took my 4070 1700kv TpPower motor out and put the XO-1 traxxas version of the Castle 1717 (1650kv) in. Only ran 1 pack thru it and i feel like the TP is more motor.

I have to run more packs before i really know for sure (and a little tuning). I know the Castle should be a perfect size and match for the truck. I will tweak the esc a bit as i run some more packs, and i will post my thoughts and temps, pinion size.

I sold the TpPower motor...... that was a BAD idea i feel. I have no idea why i did that.... i lovd that motor. But i do feel the Castle 1717 will be equally great. I only ran the one pack. I hope the weather is clear tomorrow!

Do u have castle link

Do u have castle link

Yes Sir, I have the link and a field card. I own 4 CC escs. Im using a MMX in the Kraton. Had it hooked to the laptop last night before n after the run. Im curious how many watts the 1717 pulls in comparison to the 4070 TpP.

The 4070 pulled 2400watts at most. I think this one should be as ble to do the same....maybe alittle less tho? I.d.k. i need to tweak it some today (Sunday).

Thats exactly how I RC! Bash around everywhere....

I take my 2 sons to the track to practice also, its an indoor track 10th scale size. I bought a couple Associated B5M's for the track because its easier to have a couple track buggies that drive great. But we are in the yard or park 99% of the time.

My son has a hopped
Yes Sir, I have the link and a field card. I own 4 CC escs. Im using a MMX in the Kraton. Had it hooked to the laptop last night before n after the run. Im curious how many watts the 1717 pulls in comparison to the 4070 TpP.

The 4070 pulled 2400watts at most. I think this one should be as ble to do the same....maybe alittle less tho? I.d.k. i need to tweak it some today (Sunday).

That's what I was thinking to what is the max watt output and I'm sure with playing with some of the parameters you should b able to obtain that if not more 25.2v at 120 amps should b right around 3024 watts I think I'd have to do the math on it to figure for sure numbers but I do believe that the castle will have a greater output than the xo1

My son has a hopped

That's what I was thinking to what is the max watt output and I'm sure with playing with some of the parameters you should b able to obtain that if not more 25.2v at 120 amps should b right around 3024 watts I think I'd have to do the math on it to figure for sure numbers but I do believe that the castle will have a greater output than the xo1

Its early so I could b off some lol

This is my project don't have a name for it yet but should b badass when I figure it out lol had to find something to do with my blx.
20180415_054853.jpg
20180415_054924.jpg

Rustler vxl with outcast power a arms front and rear then the 2050kv motor 6s nothing to krazy

This is my project don't have a name for it yet but should b badass when I figure it out lol had to find something to do with my blx.View attachment 17921 View attachment 17922
Rustler vxl with outcast power a arms front and rear then the 2050kv motor 6s nothing to krazy

I love it! That thing is not going to stay down! Very cool.... Rusty with a big block!
I was looking at flipping the rear end around on one of my rustlers to a mid motor..just spinning the trans/rear end to put the weight in front of the rear axles and using a 8th scale motor.
That setup you got looks brilliant. The Arrma motor mount direct driveto diff.... i am inspired!
I might have to do a Custom Rustler now too. Those long arms.....yeah buddy!

I was bored of my other trucks. The Kraton is by far my favorite of my collection.

Thanks for the inspiration and pictures Iamtheoutcast.

That is 1 of 3 projects I got going right now I got the big block 6s rustler. Working on a 12s outcast with a castle 2028 a vxp racing 400 amp esc a talion 120hv bec and Poseidon cap pack that's my favorite by far but right now I have the v3 Keaton to drive and v3 typhoon so I can still get my fix and I'm looking into a talion. My other project is a 10yr old barn find tmac all cleaned up going 12s on it to buy with this motor. I got the tmac all torn down trying to find some1 to trade me a brushless motor for the nitro motor and everything that goes with it. My rustler project is waiting on my warranty blx185 and ads15 servo with the metal gears I ordered for it because we all know the brass 1s suck lol. My outcast has the proliferation e 72 c10 body I custom painted with the proline trenches 3.8s
Screenshot_20180412-053213.jpg
20180404_143912.jpg
20180407_141812.jpg
20180407_073611.jpg
20180407_134021.jpg
20180312_152229.jpg

That is 1 of 3 projects I got going right now I got the big block 6s rustler. Working on a 12s outcast with a castle 2028 a vxp racing 400 amp esc a talion 120hv bec and Poseidon cap pack that's my favorite by far but right now I have the v3 Keaton to drive and v3 typhoon so I can still get my fix and I'm looking into a talion. My other project is a 10yr old barn find tmac all cleaned up going 12s on it to buy with this motor. I got the tmac all torn down trying to find some1 to trade me a brushless motor for the nitro motor and everything that goes with it. My rustler project is waiting on my warranty blx185 and ads15 servo with the metal gears I ordered for it because we all know the brass 1s suck lol. My outcast has the proliferation e 72 c10 body I custom painted with the proline trenches 3.8sView attachment 17923 View attachment 17924 View attachment 17925 View attachment 17926 View attachment 17927 View attachment 17928

Great stuff!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back