Kraton Enhanced 4S v2 Chassis Spine Block w/Integrated Motor Mount Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Nero
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
Here's my solution to help remedy the problems of 3S / 4S Chassis from cracking due to slamming of the motor against the chassis from a hard landing. It'll also helps with the motor mounting plate from bending due to similar reasons. Which causes chewed up spur gears in the 3S models.

It completely replaces the stock OEM Chassis Spine Block (CSB) with my enchanced design to stiffens up the power module to chassis "interface" -by providing a simple and effective integrated brace.

I call it - DiamondBack

Original rough sketches >
1663626800242.png

1663626809542.png

Original Test Prints >
IMG_20220911_112543973.jpg

IMG_20220911_112556019.jpg

IMG_20220911_123849719.jpg

Some tweaks were needed to get the fitment right ,plus some refinement to the details of the design...
1663629961553.png

More printing >
IMG_20220914_171013792_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220914_171325694.jpg

IMG_20220914_171320599.jpg

IMG_20220914_171330210.jpg

After a couple of more iterations...
The fitment -the ease of install and more importantly how easily it is to removed is achieved.

Finished version >
IMG_20220915_160458261_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220915_160447323.jpg

IMG_20220916_132448507_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220916_132432344_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220916_132427271_HDR.jpg

I will provide more details and photos with it installed soon.

NOTES-
Here's the thread that sparked this design process >
Razor RC Kraton & Outcast 4S V2 thread
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/razor-rc-kraton-outcast-4s-v2-thread.54517/page-15#post-804404

Thanks goes out to:
@Puddlejumpernva - detailed photos of the dovetail interface on the 4S v2.
@Velodromed - confirmation of the Stock 4S v2 CSB dimensions.

Last edited:
Love what you have been doing lately.

Thank you sir.
This hobby and this Forum definitely allows me to 'express' myself in more satisfying & creative ways.

Do you have a ebay store where you are selling?

I've been thinking about that a Lot.
Either go back to eekbay -having had bad experiences with them in the past.. (I Had four complete stores on their platform before.)
or start a dedicated e-commerce website...

At the moment I'm just taking "Orders" or Requests via PMs on this forum.
not the most efficient way to do it ,but it works.

Last edited:
Definitely do some testing.. plastic might not be the ideal material to use in this instance... It will most likely flex or snap...

Support physically under the motor can to chassis works very well.. Just a couple thoughts.. structural plastic is a very hard thing to accomplish...👍

Definitely do some testing.. plastic might not be the ideal material to use in this instance... It will most likely flex or snap...

Support physically under the motor can to chassis works very well.. Just a couple thoughts.. structural plastic is a very hard thing to accomplish...👍

Understood.
The advancements in thermoplastics have accelerated quite a bit in the past year or so..

I'm using Tough PLA -
Tough PLA is more than 750% impact resistant than regular PLA (29.8 kJ/m² versus 3.4 kJ/m²)
more info available here >
https://www.filamentive.com/what-is-the-best-pla-filament-pla-vs-tough-pla-vs-engineering-pla/

And, the forces that I'm trying to counteract is mainly focused in one direction ,so I'm more able to design my part to brace against.

Yeah.. I'm familiar with all the pla plus and tough.. pla is great at certain things, useful load bearing applications not so much.. just sharing what I know about pla..

Also keep in mind the brace idea off the block was a just In case the 7075 mount didn't hold up.. it's a reassurance thing imo, the nail in the coffin type deal.. I'd bet the mount alone would hold up without the block/brace...

Now for the motor hitting the chassis, that's a whole other deal.. between chassis flex and motor weight being violently smashed on the ground, flexing the plastic module housing, it's bound to be an issue..

That being said, it would help tremendously to integrate a long lip off the block that slides under the motor, the whole width of the block.. that would address two key points..nail in the coffin type deal..😉..

I hope you don't take this the wrong way.. constructive criticism is all.. ✌️

Yeah.. I'm familiar with all the pla plus and tough.. pla is great at certain things, useful load bearing applications not so much.. just sharing what I know about pla..

Also keep in mind the brace idea off the block was a just In case the 7075 mount didn't hold up.. it's a reassurance thing imo, the nail in the coffin type deal.. I'd bet the mount alone would hold up without the block/brace...

Now for the motor hitting the chassis, that's a whole other deal.. between chassis flex and motor weight being violently smashed on the ground, flexing the plastic module housing, it's bound to be an issue..

That being said, it would help tremendously to integrate a long lip off the block that slides under the motor, the whole width of the block.. that would address two key points..nail in the coffin type deal..😉..

I hope you don't take this the wrong way.. constructive criticism is all.. ✌️

Oh Absolutely!
Any and all relevant input and constructive feedback are always welcomed.

I strongly believe in different perspectives and challenging any design idea to make it better or to prove its effectiveness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back