Outcast Enjoying new outcast newbie any recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badharley

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just got a new arrma outcast and very happy,luckily I got the 2018 model, the hobby store sold me 2 5000mah batteries, i just changed my punch settings to nine and my brakes to 50 percent, i checked the battery holder and the screws do not protrude into the battery case, i really like my new toy,what else should i do to this truck,anything else i should check or do to make it stronger and to have fun for a long time,i am new to the rc world had a old hpi savage nitro that i really like the thing was indestructible, i am hoping this one will be as much fun, i have done aboit three runs and really enjuy it, what else should i do or try

Take you wing off. When you crash it twist the wing mount till it snaps. I also recommend buying a T-Bone Racing wing mount and wheelie bar. RPM front and rear A arms are a good idea. Voltage Hobbies aluminum servo mount is a must!! Yeah Racing twin tornado motor fans in a good cheap upgrade too. Keeps your motor nice and cool. Voltage Hobbies aluminum steering rack.

What about the gka servo mount a one piece mount looks better than a bunch of small pieces although i hear good things about both

20180531_070400.jpg

Last edited:
With my newest outcast v3 they kinda made some improvements but still had to replace servo and mount with an alum mount , and replaced all a arms with nylon . Another thing is replacing the center dif cup . I was melting the case . The rear a arm protectors are great to . I like to bash hard on dirt the outcast is great rc and reliable . Compared to the savage I was bashing with before . Haven't tried the outcast in the track yet still making mods to my v3 for the track . Play safe and bash hard boss !

Really if u think so
There really is only a V2 Outcast but the V2 Outcast has the same upgrades as the V3 Kraton.

The V1 Outcast came out when the Kraton and other vehicles were already on V2, putting the Outcast one version behind. We should really start calling them 2016, 2017 and 2018 models to avoid this confusion.

Get some spare parts. Front and rear rpm a-arms, rpm wing mount, shock rod ends, t-bone front bumper, and some wd40. I used the wd40 to wipe the plastic parts down after I use the truck. Looks nice and keeps the plastic flexible and less likely to break. Enjoy your new rig, I love mine!

Edit: make yourself a tower to tower brace also. You can find videos on YouTube. @Thomas P has a good video demonstrating how to make one. Servo mount and a servo would be a bad idea either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back