entering speed running world help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bumping this, I have a flysky GT3B, would just a range extender be sufficient? also what is everyone running for batteries? My QS8 connectors showed up today.
I’d at least get a RadioLink RC6GS for a Tx. Not sure about that GT3B. I wouldn’t trust my speed run cars to that, just my opinion. As far as batteries go, what’s your budget? If you are just getting into speed running then some of the CNHL 90c or the G+ 70c will be fine and cheap. No reason to spend $350 on the top of the line Onyx or SMC SRD packs at the beginning stage of speed running.

I’d at least get a RadioLink RC6GS for a Tx. Not sure about that GT3B. I wouldn’t trust my speed run cars to that, just my opinion. As far as batteries go, what’s your budget? If you are just getting into speed running then some of the CNHL 90c or the G+ 70c will be fine and cheap. No reason to spend $350 on the top of the line Onyx or SMC SRD packs at the beginning stage of speed running.
^ this.
I'm not an expert at all. But I can say there's no point in buying the best if you're still learning how not to crash at high speeds (not that it still doesn't happen). Grab some good CNHL G+ that everyone talks about and give it a try.

Last edited:
+1 for the G+ 70c as batteries to start with. Maybe the new parallel packs, but I have not tried them to confirm. Both are budget friendly with the holiday sales they have going on right now.

Once you cut your teeth and can reliably go over 120mph without crashing then look at the ONYX and SMC packs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back