Kraton Epic fail ! Kraton EXB chassi bent, chassi now straightened :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
Epic fail
?
some bad landings and i managed to bend the front of my EXB chassi, break the diff housing and damage the crown and input. In all the crashes, nosedives and bad landings i've done with my other Arrma's for the past few years i've never managed such a damage before, pretty damn unlucky i guess, well there's a first time for everything
?

IMG_5641_resize.JPG
https://youtu.be/1L2epINHfNE

IMG_5645_resize.JPG

IMG_5640_resize.JPG

IMG_5646_resize.JPG

IMG_5649_resize.JPG

IMG_5664_resize.JPG

MonsterAirSept2020-31.mp4_snapshot_03.30_[2020.09.25_19.52.21].jpg

MonsterAirSept2020-31.mp4_snapshot_03.37_[2020.09.25_19.53.01].jpg

Epic fail
?
some bad landings and i managed to bend the front of my EXB chassi, break the diff housing and damage the crown and input. In all the crashes, nosedives and bad landings i've done with my other Arrma's for the past few years i've never managed such a damage before, pretty damn unlucky i guess, well there's a first time for everything
?

View attachment 101551https://youtu.be/1L2epINHfNE

View attachment 101552

View attachment 101553

View attachment 101554

View attachment 101555

View attachment 101556

View attachment 101557

View attachment 101558
Well by the size of your ramps there it really is just a matter of time. I would LOVE to have a place like that. I would assume with my driving skills each outing would be with a brand new rig. Each time would be a total loss. ??????‍♂️

Hot racing diff case to the rescue?
After watching the video i saw you landed hard on that shock tower 3 times and in the first hit car was already no doing right the two last hits were the fatal hits

Last edited:
Well by the size of your ramps there it really is just a matter of time. I would LOVE to have a place like that. I would assume with my driving skills each outing would be with a brand new rig. Each time would be a total loss. ??????‍♂️
True that, it's an enormous ramp :) The cars usually hold up great, one example is my Outcast 6S, taken plenty of dives but still has a straight stock chassi, ofc thanks to some alu braces and a T2T. I use an RPM bumper in the front on most of my other 6S Arrma's, the EXB is great but seems to be designed for front collisions head on, imo the RPM is a better one, not the way it's designed but 'cause of the way it attaches by the 4 screws through the chassi.
Hot racing diff case to the rescue?
After watching the video i saw you landed hard on that shock tower 3 times and in the first hit car was already no doing right the two last hits were the fatal hits
Yea, i wanted to show the crashes not just make a post like "man i drove on the grass for 2 minutes and this happened" i actually think the fatal one was at 1:50, the bumper hit the ground on the top so to speak, seems like the EXB bumper is designed for frontal collisions head on, not being hit from the top.

Last edited:
Well it was pretty obvious that i bent my nice EXB chassi after my bad landings and crashes, bad news, it was bent in the rear as well.
Good news for me though
?
i managed to straighten it
?
now the decision of refitting it or use the heavier M2C ?
What would you do ?

1IMG_5782_resize.JPG

IMG_5785_resize.JPG

IMG_5792_resize.JPG

IMG_5795_resize.JPG

IMG_5799_resize.JPG

IMG_5802_resize.JPG

IMG_5808_resize.JPG

Set the chassis on top of one another. Is the m2c ears bigger than the exb? I believe the exb arms won’t fit if you use the m2c chassis?
Good point, yes front seems fine but the rear M2C "ears" are a bigger, they do interfere with the arms

IMG_5820_resize.JPG

Good point, yes front seems fine but the rear M2C "ears" are a bigger, they do interfere with the arms

View attachment 101815
Also note, if using rpm or V4 arms you will have to change the towers too. ??‍♂️ Or you will have to drill another hole in the exb towers to get the droop to sit properly. (Seen in a @Rich Duperbash youtube video) soooooo.... yea .. I feel like the bad guy now.

Also note, if using rpm or V4 arms you will have to change the towers too. ??‍♂️ Or you will have to drill another hole in the exb towers to get the droop to sit properly. (Seen in a @Rich Duperbash youtube video) soooooo.... yea .. I feel like the bad guy now.
Oh yes, i did notice that difference, the shock holes on the new EXB arms are moved in about 10mm compared to V4 and RPM.
I bet a lot of people are fitting the Kraton EXB tower to their "regular" on and the shocks end up in another angle and tend to be a bit short.
Arrma made the ARA320583 EXB tower to fit the"regular" ones.

My scale may not be a 100% correct but the M2C has a reported weight of 490gr so i guess it's good enough for comparison. The EXB sure is on the lighter side, about the same weight as a stock V4 chassi. The Scorched Titanium one is reported to weigh 590gr. Stock V4 and EXB are 3mm thick, the M2C 4mm and the Scorched Titanium 3mm for those who don't know

IMG_5811_resize.JPG

IMG_5810_resize.JPG

IMG_5812_resize.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_20210628_103102999.jpg

My go to but sadly I don't know if you can get them any more 😭. So yeah I would try titanium next.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back