Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

EREVO 2.0

Discussion in 'Other RC's' started by rhbailey24, Mar 12, 2018.

1. rhbailey24

rhbailey24 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
    Got the call from the LHS that my preorder was in. As soon as I got it home the mods began. Same mods as my Kraton.
    20180312_132532.jpg
    20180312_132603.jpg
    After the unboxing the wing is the first thing to go.
    20180312_134902.jpg
    20180312_134927.jpg
    Then the xmaxx like body post were removed and the repurposed emaxx body was mounted.
    20180312_144409.jpg
    20180312_144424.jpg 20180312_144448.jpg 20180312_144502.jpg
    I tried several lids to see what worked and this one was perfect, but too controversial.
    20180312_145033.jpg

Attached Files:

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

3. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan

Personally, I like the wing for durability reasons. Helps keep the body from getting trashed in the first 5 minutes.

Curious how the driveline holds up to 6S as that was a major issue with the original brushless revo. My main issue with the revo is the suspension and how hard it bottoms out with big air. I have 3 of the stupid things... you'd think I'd remember that before buying another. It's fine in the dirt and grass, but very hard on things at my skate park.

4. Steven6

Steven6 Member

Are u speaking of the 2018 erevo 2.0 suspension being too did and bottoming out...or the old vetsions? Also, wouldn't stiffer springs and heavier shock oil prevent this?

5. olds97_lss

From what I can tell, they are using the same shocks, rockers, pushrods, rod ends. All they did in regards to the suspension is thicken the arms some and put a plastic cage over the top of the shock. Not sure what the cage is to do besides make it more annoying to adjust spring tension.

When you put stiff enough oil/springs on it to keep it from bottoming out on a 2 foot drop, you burn through shock rod ends, pushrod ends and internal shock disks. That's with P2/P1 rockers.

I think it really needs longer/fater shocks with thicker shock pistons and rockers that have more travel as well as beefed up rod ends/shock shafts.

I suppose you could use the long travel rockers/rods, but then you can't use RPM arms/carriers, which without those, my rig won't make it through a pack before I snap off an arm or axle carrier.

6. rhbailey24

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
    I haven't had a chance to test it yet. There's about 12" of snow in my backyard today. I would have never bought the first version because of its durability issues. Although I've had my emaxx for 11 years, I've spent 3X it's cost in MIP axles, Rpm arms and bulkheads, lst shocks and diffs. I did like everything traxxas addressed on this new erevo except the plastic servo and esc which is an easy replacement to 1 savox servo and a castle mamba monster x esc. I missed driving a non-truggy monster truck. There's something about driving a rig with wheel articulation and is still 6s capable. Will it be the best rc in my fleet? Probably not, the MT410 is the best. The Erevo is different and that's what I was looking for. Early durability reports look promising, but only time will tell.

#6 rhbailey24, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. olds97_lss

At the time I got mine, I kind of wanted a savage flux, but with HPI in limbo, I went with the revo. Since I had 2 of those currently in nitro form, I knew the short comings before hand. Still, would be nice to find a solution to a couple of the remaining issues as it is a fun truck when setup right. It was my first real step into electric. A year later, I have 4 brushless RC's... lol!

8. TheMightyAtom

TheMightyAtom Premium Member!

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Kraton
    You'll have to let us know how this truck holds up. I like the Revo platform as an idea, but there just doesn't seem to me to be any reason to buy one anymore with vehicles like the Kraton and the MT410 on the market.

It's great to see Traxxas finally updating and improving one of its products a bit, but I'm still skeptical. I owned a Revo 3.3 for years and had issues with the diffs and the transmission....Hopefully this one holds up better!

9. slick2500

slick2500 Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    Rumors on the Summit page on Facebook is Traxxas is going to update the Summit next. Will probably pick one of those up if they do.

10. rhbailey24

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
    First observations after running 2 packs. The new talon tires are grippy and the upgraded drivetrain is outstanding. Servo’s are still a weak area and esc has virtually no adjustment when compared to a castle or even an ARRMA RTR hobbywing. It needs suspension tuning for bigger jumps, stock springs and fluid are soft. It definitely has a different personality(in a good way) vs driving a monster truggy chassis. I’m pleasantly surprised with the updated package. I’ve been reading the traxxas forum and there’s lots of complaints about the servos failing. That’s a part I always change on an RTR so it really doesn’t bother me. I have low expectations in RTR servos and esc/motor combos.

11. olds97_lss

When I got my ERBE V1, the first thing I did was replace the servos and receiver with something better. I prefer a single servo setup anyway. Less battery drain and less things to pay attention too.

I wonder if they will start balancing their tires better. With the speeds that brushless rigs get to, they really need to focus on that. Out of the last 12 mounted "t-maxx 3.3" tires/wheels I've bought, 6 were so badly balanced that I can't use them at any speed above a slow jog. Sucks because I really like those tires for the grip and extra sidewall without going with big heavy 40 series, but I got fed up spending money on tires that I couldn't run out of the package.

I really like the looks of those new tires... more aggressive and a bit more tread than the t-maxx 3.3 tires.

12. rhbailey24

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
    Like the new Losi RCs, Traxxas has stability control built into their receiver. If you want to do speed runs and not worry about the front end wandering, just increase the gain on the remote and it will track straight as an arrow even with unbalanced tires.

13. olds97_lss

Yeah, I'm not talking about "wandering", I'm talking about being out of balance and vibrating so bad that it breaks a-arms.

14. slick2500

slick2500 Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    It's also bad on the bearings.

15. rhbailey24

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
    I've only seems this in tires with wet foam. Hadn't experienced this with new tires, but I've also been using proline tires for the last 8 yrs.

16. rhbailey24

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
    WoodiE, unfortunately I'm not a video basher. That's too much preparation when I barely have time to just enjoy the rigs.

17. olds97_lss

Yep, that's exactly what they were like, but they were brand new dry tires I bought at the LHS. Was like they had a cup of water in them and over half throttle, they throw the truck around so bad you can't drive it.

18. Vanning

Vanning Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Nice move on getting rid of the wing and going with a truck body. I like how you think.

19. rhbailey24

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
    I never understood why Traxxas put the wing on the EREVO once they made it electric and tried to make it look like a truggy. I’m just bringing the EREVO back to its roots as a true MT. So far I’m liking all the structural updates, but I hate the electronics. 6s is no problem out of the box, but I’m going to add different diff fluid next weekend. If they are making their own in house electronics, at least provide a few adjustments other than race, sport, or 50% mode. Why not let me adjust the braking or punch levels?

20. olds97_lss

I like it as it protects the rear of the body when doing wheelies. Sure, the wing gets banged up, but it can take far more abuse than the body. Also, when you land hard on the rear, your landing on the wing/wing mount, which absorbs a lot of shock and flexes, whereas without it, the shock would go directly into the main chassis deck as the body crumples, cracks and tears.

I went through a lot of bodies on my nitro revo's before I got the wing from the e-revo.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer