Erratic Servo movements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanvdBerg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys hope someone can help me with this. My Kraton 6S‘s steering was always very solid until recently I noticed some erratic movements. Once you power-up everything is fine servo works 100% until you apply power to the throttle. Very sharp left and right movements are coming from the servo. In the video I move the car up and down to enhance the movements for better illustration. I replaced the servo, then the receiver and then the motor, unplugged the cap pack even tried a glitch buster with the same result. The ESC is a Hobbywing MAX5.

Help will be much appreciated

you changed out everything. Process of elimination leaves the ESC as the culprit? Bad BEC in the ESC? What else could it be? Try swapping out the ESC if you can. What is the BEC set to? 6.v or 7.2?

you changed out everything. Process of elimination leaves the ESC as the culprit? Bad BEC in the ESC? What else could it be? Try swapping out the ESC if you can. What is the BEC set to? 6.v or 7.2?
I have tried both settings with the same result. Do you think a firmware upgrade could work ? The HW LCD program box is $30

Try resetting it first. You don't need a program box to do that. I had reverse issues with my HW XR8 Plus and it cleared it up. Also I am using the HW Wifi Adapter and the HW App (Android)for mine. I skipped the program box. The wifi Adapter was only like $20 more. And it does a lot more. On my XR8 Plus, I get saved telemetry data as well with this App. It does FW updates too. So to me it was worth paying more for the Wifi adapter. I saw them for like $54. If you like HW stuff and plan on getting more, then the Wifi adapter is a good investment. I like APPs for programming better than prog. Boxes. But I have one for the lower tier HW escs. BTW a FW update will reset your ESC to begin with. So you may have to restore your values again. Just Food for thought.

Last edited:
I posted it on Facebook under ARRMA RC ARRMY
Not all of us are on the Bookface. The people on the Facebook are morons and trolls and 9 times out of 10 will give you incorrect information. If you want actual help post stuff on here.

Last edited:
OK I changed the ESC to Hobbystar 150A Pro and it was even worse than with the HW MAX5. That was check, so I put stock receiver and radio back in. Problem solved Checkmate. Culprit was the Radiolink RC4GS transmitter. Never would have guessed that one. Sorry that I could not uploading the video on Youtube.

Guess I will be buying a RC Radio and transmitter tomorrow
Hope this will help someone. After almost giving up on this Radiolink RC4GS I binded the receiver with the transmitter 3 times and now all seem to work fine. The binding process seem to be the issue

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back