Kraton Esc 4 blinking lights with weird sounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
So m6 kraton exb esc decided to idk crap itself in the middle of a run. I went back home and started to do the fixes i heard off none of them were giving results. Its like m6 esc was trying to do the calibration and something else at the same time if i held the set button and powered it on it would make that failed beeping sounds. I found another fix while scouting the forum and it was to remove the blue wire and try give it throttle and give it gaz. Nothing happened in the first attempt but suddently the esc went solid red and started making a duzzing sound. Shuted it off and it made a weird smell. Me being me i tried a second time this time the motor started to finally rock back and foward but it started to make that o no sound and shutted it off before i menaged to put the wire back in. Again weird smell but gone after i vent it out. This seems to be a dangerous process If you ask me. The esc is malfunctioning and we are forcing it out of it. Mmight work but in my case it was maybe about to work but the esc went into overloading itself. I don't want to try again at this point atill power on like normal and flashes green. Maybe someone has done this and what exactly is happening?

Is it sensored or sensorless
And can you send photos
Its the blx 185
image.jpg

I have another one but my hobbyshop told me they stopped selling power HD servos because they were burning up i want to determinate if it has anything to do. The try before the noise of burning my servo turned right and then centered. It happened only once in 30 power up apaprently
How the green flashes happened Is after i removed the body to re organise my lipo/esc wires. Putted everything back togueter went to go go foward the motor made a big gear shaking and then throttle died

Last edited:
I doubt anything will work.. It literally is the only code that states to send it in to be inspected.. Unless it came back to a green flashing sequence after the 4 red ones?

Removing one of the motor wires, (not any specific one matters) can reset the ESC sometimes. Worked twice for me on 2 185 EC's. But I don't think this applies in your case. I could be wrong though???
Altenatively, try removing all 3 motor wires while doing an ESC calibration. I have done this also with success. Just some ideas.
Hope I understood the issue well enough. :cool:

Removing one of the motor wires, (not any specific one matters) can reset the ESC sometimes. Worked twice for me on 2 185 EC's. But I don't think this applies in your case. I could be wrong though???
Altenatively, try removing all 3 motor wires while doing an ESC calibration. I have done this also with success. Just some ideas.
Hope I understood the issue well enough. :cool:
I tried all that
It started making burning noises when i was trying the last method lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back