Talion ESC advice needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IRONWORKER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
A bent chassis & a smoked center diff prompted a complete upgrade! I got a M2C chassis, HR braces, center diff cup, mount, etc. Motor is a 1650kv 4092 rocket.... My driving is in grass pastures & open rolling hills with smooth high speed jumps. Love the stock wheels/tires & plan on sticking with them (definitely won’t be getting any larger)

I’ve narrowed my esc choice down to either a max6 or mm2. I’ll be running 4s exclusively but I’m not ruling 6s out as a possibility sometime down the road. My main concerns are heat, durability & ease of use (ie set it & forget it)

Thanks guys

I went with the max6 in my outcast. Should be able to handle more than the MMv2 I'd think. I have a spare traxxas MXL-6S which is a MMv2. I bought it thinking I'd use it in my ERBEv2 if the one in it ever died which was my old MXL-6S from my ERBEv1 that I always ran on 4S. I got the ERBEv2 roller to swap it to and to run 6S. It lasted 2 bash sessions with the 2200kv motor, then died on me. Lasted 3 years on 4S before that. Not sure what happened really. Instead of using the spare MXL-6S, I bought a max6 for it. Now both my outcast and ERBEv2 run a max6 and arrma blx2050kv motor.

I'll know more by the end of summer as to how that setup does compared to what I was running in them before. I hope it does do better because I really like being able to program/adjust it by unplugging the fan and plugging the box in.

A bent chassis & a smoked center diff prompted a complete upgrade! I got a M2C chassis, HR braces, center diff cup, mount, etc. Motor is a 1650kv 4092 rocket.... My driving is in grass pastures & open rolling hills with smooth high speed jumps. Love the stock wheels/tires & plan on sticking with them (definitely won’t be getting any larger)

I’ve narrowed my esc choice down to either a max6 or mm2. I’ll be running 4s exclusively but I’m not ruling 6s out as a possibility sometime down the road. My main concerns are heat, durability & ease of use (ie set it & forget it)

Thanks guys

I would say that the Rocket 1650kv motor is too low KV for 4s and would be slow, that motor is better suited to 6s..??
The Max6 will be perfect with that motor and being HW will be pretty reliable other than the fan which seems to break even if you look at it..?
Can't comment on the Castle as I don't have any experience of them, but people on here seem to like them.
If your in the US maybe the Castle would be a better choice for you..?

Thanks guys
Why your option is mm2 instead of mamba monster x? Mm2's bec is not enough for strong servo. I don't think max6 is a good choice if you wont use 8s because it is heavy. Arrma rigs are heavy already. If you don't like mamba monster x max8 is enough at least .

Cost is always a consideration, with the MM2 being just over $100 it’s hard not to look at it.... I definitely don’t need a 8S capable esc when it’s doubtful that I’ll run 6s

The stock blx 180 esc that comes with the car seems very promising and they are about 160 with a motor. I wish it had a programmable card that can be hooked up to a laptop like castle however.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back