Esc and lipo connector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Av642

Reaction score
I have stock ic5 connectors in my kraton and infraction.

My batteries have xt90 connectors.

In order to run them, I soldered xt90 connectors to 12awg leads and an ec5 connector. The leads are about 5 inches.

Is this an okay solution or is this a problem?

I didn't want to change the connectors on the esc for warranty purposes.

I have stock ic5 connectors in my kraton and infraction.

My batteries have xt90 connectors.

In order to run them, I soldered xt90 connectors to 12awg leads and an ec5 connector. The leads are about 5 inches.

Is this an okay solution or is this a problem?

I didn't want to change the connectors on the esc for warranty purposes.
This should be fine provided your on stock motor and pinion. Adding wire adds resistance making more heat and more voltage sage. The stock Rig how ever should all ready be running under its upper limit as your would not be using the high speed gearing.

If you use bigger electronics , bigger pinions or make the car heavy then you may want to rethink it in the future.

I would not use that, you should have used 10awg wire not 12awg and 5 inches is way way too long. You want 10awg as that is what the esc is and what good batteries use for wire. 12awg wire can struggle quite a bit with higher amp loads as well.

Either change your esc to XT90 or change your lipos to EC5. Like @norcalsc said I would avoid using adapters at any cost. The ones you can buy on eBay and Amazon have been known to melt and they don't use 5 inches of 12awg wire.

Last edited:
I prefer to change everything over to XT90 - it would make everything easier. I just read on the forum that HH won't honor the warranty of their ESC's if the connector is changed.

Regarding the warranty - is it possible that I can solder on xt90 and then if there is an issue with the esc, change them back to IC5?

I prefer to change everything over to XT90 - it would make everything easier. I just read on the forum that HH won't honor the warranty of their ESC's if the connector is changed.

Regarding the warranty - is it possible that I can solder on xt90 and then if there is an issue with the esc, change them back to IC5?

If you know how to solder yes you can put the IC5 back on. Just make sure you zip tie the telemetry wire someplace so it isn't just dangling around in there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back