ESC and Motor too hot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Blx100

3S spektrum '100c'

4068 2650kv

26T pinion

Typhon 3S blx chassis

Hit thermal protection on the ESC and the motor was stupid hot.

I drilled out the adjustable motor mount like to widen the slots a bit because it was way too tight with the 26T pinion.

I am thinking I didn't do enough? I was going to wait for the spur gear to wear in a bit but I should go more?

Any other reasons I should look at? Bearings are all pretty good. Diffs rebuilt recently.

Ambient temperature was 18 or 19°c

Was running flat out though on road like some real hammer down speed runs.

Have a crappy heatsink motor combo. Going to get a felony heatsink but the ESC was way too hot.

Gotta be binding, eh?

Blx100

3S spektrum '100c'

4068 2650kv

26T pinion

Typhon 3S blx chassis

Hit thermal protection on the ESC and the motor was stupid hot.

I drilled out the adjustable motor mount like to widen the slots a bit because it was way too tight with the 26T pinion.

I am thinking I didn't do enough? I was going to wait for the spur gear to wear in a bit but I should go more?

Any other reasons I should look at? Bearings are all pretty good. Diffs rebuilt recently.

Ambient temperature was 18 or 19°c

Was running flat out though on road like some real hammer down speed runs.

Have a crappy heatsink motor combo. Going to get a felony heatsink but the ESC was way too hot.

Gotta be binding, eh?
Bro is the mesh to tight?
Drop gearing down to stock then check temps move up in pinion.

I'd take that heatsink off and run fans directly on motor.

I took my heatsink off and motor didn't get warm at all.

Bro is the mesh to tight?
Drop gearing down to stock then check temps move up in pinion.

I'd take that heatsink off and run fans directly on motor.

I took my heatsink off and motor didn't get warm at all.
Mesh is too tight for sure.
Mesh is too tight for sure.
Like usually I am really particular and I had to make room but it still wasn't where I like it but I was more anxious to run.

I got some files to make it easier to get the gear mesh I want. Hopefully that does the trick. I know I went to a super tall gear ratio but the motor should handle it and if the ESC is overheating there has to be some resistance going on.

It's fiddlesticking fast though.

I got some files to make it easier to get the gear mesh I want. Hopefully that does the trick. I know I went to a super tall gear ratio but the motor should handle it and if the ESC is overheating there has to be some resistance going on.

It's fiddlesticking fast though.
Brooo.

I just made it through a pack. I got some files and made the slots bigger and noticed the motor mount was slightly bent and hammered that fiddlesticker straight ish and went hammer down until LVC. fiddlesticking nice. Gear mesh is good now. . . It will coast a good ways after throttle is off. Considering the full throttle poop we were doing things thing is doing excellent now.
It was totally some bad binding action. Gear mesh was way too tight and a bent motor mount not helping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back