ESC and motor upgrade choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neelis

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi all, first post on this forum and new to the rc world.

I bought a second hand Typhon Mega that in want to upgrade to 3S, I have two ESC-motor combo's in mind:
- Hobbywing ezrun max10 combo with hobbywing 3660 3200kv motor
- Hobbywing Ezrun max10 G2 140a with a Rocket 3660 3300kv motor

I tend to prefer the second option, because I think I am buying a better ESC and whenever the motor fails, it is less costly. What do you guys think?

Upgrade to 4S might happen in de future, let's first enjoy 3S brushless power.

What I read is that I need the programming card for the G2, but that's ok.

Will replace the spur gear, when the Mega spur fails.

Picture because pictures are fun:
20230314_153347.jpg

I just upgraded my Granite MEGA to BLX gear because it was straight forward but by the sounds of it you have some other ideas. Prior to BLX I was going with a HobbyWing Max 10 with 3660 3200KV but was hard to find and kind of expensive.

Checkout JennysRC for the extra bits you'll need as they pull them from RTR cars and just sell them much cheaper.

Build
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/granite-mega-4x4-brushless-conversion.60887/

Last edited:
4s will be pretty crazy lol. Running my Mega on 3s causes it to do back flips and wheelies minimal effort. They're quite light weight.

I think i'll see if there are any videos online of 4s Mega's as this now has my attention :D

As I am located in Holland, JennysRC is not very convenient for me.
Thanks for the input on the spur/slipper clutch.

I start to think that the g2 ezrun does not really have advantages for me, because I use the car for skateparcs, bashing and grass.
I know the local shop has the Hobbywing kit in stock and I might go with that one.

was running a 3s typhon on a HW 2600kv 4268 on 4s with a 20t . only car where i managed to grind trough the roof top because i was constantly laying on the top sliding because too much power. was popping wheelies at 50kph with no problem. tripple bf easily. really a beast. only problem is to get the slipper done right to not loosen every 2 packs lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back