Esc and motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnyc10306

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a blx 100 esc and a blx 2400kv motor. They are extra and I wanted to build a granit from it. Will there be any issues with a lower kv motor? Will I blow out the esc?

That motor in a granite is overkill imo. A spektrum 100a esc is used in the new infraction 3s and that comes with a 3900kv motor. You will have issues with that combo. Best bet is to get a higher kv motor and use the esc for the granite.
Luckily motors that size are fairly affordable. Hobbystar makes great motors. I rock them all the time in my bigger cars. Just my .02 cents.

If you gear for stock speeds, the esc should handle just fine imo. I ran a 4068 2650kv motor in my big rock for almost a year, no issues. The only reason I had to replace my blx100 was because I didnt tie down the wires and they bounced around enough and tore away from the esc. Otherwise it still would have been working.

Hey guys, I have a blx 100 esc and a blx 2400kv motor. They are extra and I wanted to build a granit from it. Will there be any issues with a lower kv motor? Will I blow out the esc?
i think you will be fine with that setup. The only thing is you might have to mess with the gearing (bigger pinion) to compensate for the lower kv motor. Or get a 4s esc like a Spektrum 130a. Flip side like @Raginbull74 mentioned get a higher KV motor.
I will check out the hobbystar motor right now.
RCJuice usually has them for a good price

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back