Esc aux port? Notorious 6S sprktrum esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kusher

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Notorious
  4. Voltage
so I do not fully understand what is going on right now. I just tried to turn on my rig and I got nothing. Not one beep no flashing lights no dans. Nada. Really weird cause I had already driven it today. So I started poking around seeing if Nything was loose Nd a hit a few wires on the side and all of a sudden start up. The outside aux port is what I hit. I unplugged the esc fan from the port and everything worked. I plugged my motor dans straight in and everything works. Tried esc again and nothing. So am I to assume there's wires themselves from the esc fan causing these issues. FM will not turn on at all no matter what I do and trying to plug it in doesn't not low the rig to turn on at all. Possible problem and solution ?
Thanks in advance
Acting up

Yes If I unplug the esc fan it does. If I plug in my motor fans to it it does most of time if it is the right position but if its bumped wrong it starts again. But totally unplugged from everything it works. But with esc fan plugged in does not. With motor fan plugged in yes and no . Cuts in and out.

Yes If I unplug the esc fan it does. If I plug in my motor fans to it it does most of time if it is the right position but if its bumped wrong it starts again. But totally unplugged from everything it works. But with esc fan plugged in does not. With motor fan plugged in yes and no . Cuts in and out.
That is strange. 🤔
Are you running all of the fans off the esc port?

Yes I have a splitter and there was already an extra plug that came with it so I didn't have to do anything bit plug and play. In picture the plug by the power button was the extra the fan is the one in middle of the picture.

20210301_220615.jpg

Either your fan or your steering servo is causing a brownout. Try unplugging your servo and see if the fan is now working normally. Plenty of people having issues with the new servos. Could also simply be the fan being bad, some debris or a wire shorting and causing the BEC to collapse. Replace the fan if that is the case.
Last but not least , check all your wires going to the receiver for damage.

Everything is ok. I honestly thinks it's wire from the fan on the esc thst is shorting. Like a wire is frayed right at the connection thst goes into the aux port. Thpught i already had a problem with the servo but I do not think I do. If too much more persist I might try HH see if cant get new esc maybe servo. I don't really want too but I might have to.

ESC should be fine, they are not that sensitive to intermittent shorts. You should be fine. Personal note, I hate these tiny fan connectors with a passion.

Yeah me too I don't have a solder iron or know how to solder yet. But I really would like the fan on my esc working as well as the esc itself.

Try another fan, the cheapest part of the equation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back