Kraton ESC battery connectors for 6s Notorious

Nfac

Reaction score
all my batteries have XT-90 can i change the IC5 on the arma to xt90's by just soldering the small wire to pos and neg?

Nfac

Reaction score
this is the wire in ?

20210408_140134.jpg
I’d change the batteries to EC5 instead. Better connector imo, and fully compatible with the IC5. No voiding the warranty also. 👍
Good point ty. Didn't think about warranty

razorrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
thank you. Do i simply solder the small wires that go to the center pin to the pos and neg wires they are with?

No. You don't want it connected to anything.

Nfac

Reaction score
thank you all for your input . I have decided to go with adapters for now

razorrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
@razorrc, what do you think about running adapters between the battery and ESC? I heard that it isn't a good thing, but I see that more and more people are doin it.

They add resistance for sure. I'll use them on occasion temporarily, but 95% of the time will remove the old connector and put on EC5/IC5.

Kla912000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 3s
They add resistance for sure. I'll use them on occasion temporarily, but 95% of the time will remove the old connector and put on EC5/IC5.
Thanks for the response. I thought the same about adapters. Used to run an adapter on my Big Rock when I first got it, but was told they add a lot of resistance so switched to EC5s and can see a power difference in how my truck runs.

Spoc85

Reaction score
As long as you’re not going to try and gear that car to do 100mph........running an adaptor will be fine and you shouldn’t notice any difference in performance.
Not much difference to running 2 3s batteries and 1 6s & throwing in the loop connector.