Kraton ESC battery connectors for 6s Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nfac

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
all my batteries have XT-90 can i change the IC5 on the arma to xt90's by just soldering the small wire to pos and neg?

I’d change the batteries to EC5 instead, IC5 would work too. Better connector imo, and fully compatible with the IC5. No voiding the warranty also. 👍

this is the wire in ?

20210408_140134.jpg

I’d change the batteries to EC5 instead. Better connector imo, and fully compatible with the IC5. No voiding the warranty also. 👍
Good point ty. Didn't think about warranty

thank you. Do i simply solder the small wires that go to the center pin to the pos and neg wires they are with?

No. You don't want it connected to anything.

@razorrc, what do you think about running adapters between the battery and ESC? I heard that it isn't a good thing, but I see that more and more people are doin it.

thank you all for your input . I have decided to go with adapters for now

@razorrc, what do you think about running adapters between the battery and ESC? I heard that it isn't a good thing, but I see that more and more people are doin it.

They add resistance for sure. I'll use them on occasion temporarily, but 95% of the time will remove the old connector and put on EC5/IC5.

They add resistance for sure. I'll use them on occasion temporarily, but 95% of the time will remove the old connector and put on EC5/IC5.
Thanks for the response. I thought the same about adapters. Used to run an adapter on my Big Rock when I first got it, but was told they add a lot of resistance so switched to EC5s and can see a power difference in how my truck runs.

As long as you’re not going to try and gear that car to do 100mph........running an adaptor will be fine and you shouldn’t notice any difference in performance.
Not much difference to running 2 3s batteries and 1 6s & throwing in the loop connector.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back