ESC blinking red - no life in receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Evening folks

some reason my ESC started to blink red after restarting the car. At first I thought it may have been the LVC kicking in, but batteries were at 60%. Either way I swapped over to a fresh set and still the same. Noticed on my transmitter it displayed no connectivity to the car, so I checked the receiver and can see no life in it, even when attempting to start binding process there’s nothing. I checked the voltage from the throttle cable and there’s a current.

a little bit baffled as to the problem, has anyone experienced similar issues? I mostly read that red blinking esc is LVC warning, but doesn’t seem to be the issue here.

I had same issue the receiver failed. Is it the dx3?
Horizon covered it under warranty with out question thinking it’s fairly common, no issues yet with the new one.i put a Traxxas rx in it while I waited for the new one to come in

I had same issue the receiver failed. Is it the dx3?
Horizon covered it under warranty with out question thinking it’s fairly common, no issues yet with the new one.i put a Traxxas rx in it while I waited for the new one to come in
Thanks, just submitted a ticket to horizon EU support. Hopefully they will respond quickly.

Cheers @r4nd0m i might follow your route and get a SR315 as an interim... my 8s is looking a bit sorry for itself and not sure how long the warranty process will take.

Problem solved, it was the receiver. Fitted the 315 and shes back to life again. glad I got it as the warranty process might take a while.... The response from Horizon being:

Good afternoon, it would be recommended to have your Kraton evaluated.
Please contact your retailer directly.
Kind regards

Hmm, had a similar issue with two SR515's. One difference is I was always able to bind it and run it again. But once I turned it off, it had to be re-bound all over again. Customer service said they haven't seen this before. But looks like they've seen it alot. They did replace the first, I'm sending back the second. I have a feeling it failed because water got into the receiver box. I could be wrong.

Evening folks

some reason my ESC started to blink red after restarting the car. At first I thought it may have been the LVC kicking in, but batteries were at 60%. Either way I swapped over to a fresh set and still the same. Noticed on my transmitter it displayed no connectivity to the car, so I checked the receiver and can see no life in it, even when attempting to start binding process there’s nothing. I checked the voltage from the throttle cable and there’s a current.

a little bit baffled as to the problem, has anyone experienced similar issues? I mostly read that red blinking esc is LVC warning, but doesn’t seem to be the issue here.
This happened to me on my 2nd ride out in a brand new truck. Imagine my confusion as I was thinking what did I do wrong. It turned out that the ESC and the transmitter needed to be bound to each other. I don't know why it lost communication after 1 ride. After binding was complete it was fine.

My second 6100 just failed,I can rebind it and it’ll work but.... junk lol gonna order a 515 and try that

Just had the replacement 6100 on warranty, will probably connect it up just to test it’s working and then keep it in storage or for another car.... 6s EXB is looking tasty :eek:. Anyway the sr315 is working fine And more reliable it seems.

I've had my Kraton 8s for about 2 weeks and my SR6100AT receiver that came in mine died randomly too. It won't power on and when I tried to bind it no lights of course.

I talked to someone else with the k8 and they had the same thing happen right away too.

I'm gonna try the process of dealing with horizon to get a new replacement at least.

For now I'm using the Spektrum sr215 2 channel Rx that is working fine for now.

Has anyone had luck with horizon on this issue?

Hmm, had a similar issue with two SR515's. One difference is I was always able to bind it and run it again. But once I turned it off, it had to be re-bound all over again. Customer service said they haven't seen this before. But looks like they've seen it alot. They did replace the first, I'm sending back the second. I have a feeling it failed because water got into the receiver box. I could be wrong.
I have not had a problem since I stopped rinsing my RC with water after runs. Not sure if it's the same cause as others, but I'd say be careful about getting the receivers wet. The receiver box does not keep out all water. I found some moisture under my failed receiver when I removed it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back