ESC blinking red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nampur

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi I am Nampur from Switzerland and my ESC is blinking red, what can I do?

Any suggestions? Thx

@Nampur I would suggest doing a factory reset if you can on the ESC.

To reset the ESC to factory default settings connect a battery, turn the transmitter on and then turn the car on. Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release. The Red and Green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset. Switch the ESC off and factory reset is complete.

How old is the ESC? It might be under warranty.

@Nampur I would suggest doing a factory reset if you can on the ESC.

To reset the ESC to factory default settings connect a battery, turn the transmitter on and then turn the car on. Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release. The Red and Green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset. Switch the ESC off and factory reset is complete.

How old is the ESC? It might be under warranty.
I could get it running again , I plugged the motor of the esc tried and I plugged out all 3 diff brains now its running but without diffs I don't know if they are locked or unlocked but I could drive again
soon I upload some pics

Any update on this?
Blx 100 flashing red after 5 minutes of run time.
3300 3 cell battery.
spoke to customer care, they said it was the throttle trim. Tried adjusting that, it didn’t work.
tried recalibratI got the controller and it’s successful but the. Stops again after5 minutes.

Battery is too small. You need a 5000mah 35C minimum. You are hitting LVC because it’s too small.

Battery is too small. You need a 5000mah 35C minimum. You are hitting LVC because it’s too small.
I spoke to horizon hobby and they didn’t say anything about the battery size, could you tell me where you found that?

I spoke to horizon hobby and they didn’t say anything about the battery size, could you tell me where you found that?
Page 15 of your manual

62D2B687-4B8E-4C5A-AA42-D0770C497AC0.png

Page 15 of your manual

View attachment 59096
Thank you, I’ll have take a look today to see if that solves the problem. For the first couple runs it worked just fine. Ran for maybe 20 minutes. I had the battery tested just to make sure it wasn’t that. Wondering why all of the sudden it would be an issue.

Thank you, I’ll have take a look today to see if that solves the problem. For the first couple runs it worked just fine. Ran for maybe 20 minutes. I had the battery tested just to make sure it wasn’t that. Wondering why all of the sudden it would be an issue.
Lipos deteriorate over time. It may have been borderline OK at first and now it isn’t up to task. Also cold weather greatly affects lipo performance so if it worked when it was warmer out, then it may be due to cold?

Lipos deteriorate over time. It may have been borderline OK at first and now it isn’t up to task. Also cold weather greatly affects lipo performance so if it worked when it was warmer out, then it may be due to cold?
I have only had the car and battery for a week. Pretty consistent temps where I’m at. I’ll have to get in touch with horizon again and see if they will ship out a new esc.

I would like to get further on this topic.

I got recommanded 3s bashing 65000mah batteries for the big rock and the senton 4x4 blx

After a few runs I notished that both cars stops after about 20 minutes and ecs flashing red.

Senton barely gets at 15 minutes now.

I thought heat so installed an extra motor fan.
Works fine if you ask me.

Still after 15 minutes last night my senton slows down and after a few meters it stops.
Batterie is around 3.78up per cell in voltage not sure what 60% Li-ion should tell me

But ecs blinks red and I got them 2 months ago.
Had a little over 10 maybe 15 runs and last week swapt stock bearings for sealed barings in weels and around the motor. Dumborc x6fg installed still same problem

Sure the car I can put away for 5 minutes and drive another 10 minutes later so I don't have to discharge a battery back to storage mode

I just cant figure out where to look cause first runs I had, I am sure I got atleast over 30 minutes driving time. If it wasnt like something around 45min for my feeling

I kind of would think my 65000mah 3c lipo is destroying my ecs. Cause of discriptio says 60000mah. As a newbi they recommanded it at the store so I say..... sure put by the car with his charger and I payd the price and walked out the door basicly

I gotta say I know so little or nothing when it comes to batteries and voltage and stuff.

But I want to understand why the esc starts blinking red after minutes and what I can do about it so me and my kid can have fun again

Btw the motor stays cool and outside temp. Is about 60 few times 70F.

Is tere any response on this here?
I gotbthe same issue today with my 8 week Arrma Granite. Red light flashing after driving a while a 2s 5400mah in 75% mode. Motor wss warm, but not 105C° ...I was able to touch it without any pain.
What can I do? The lipo has only 7 runs and was handled decently all the time.

As far as I figured out or no lets say what I've done is I changed baerings readjust slipper clutch just abit tighter and drive with a smaller pinion. And don't go constantly full throttle and I now emty my batteries just fine in a little over 30 min drive time.

I done this with a thought cause of the steel bearings giving to much resistance when getting dirty some where allready kinda wasted after a few runs.

Reset ecs and reset end-points.
and a fan like you see on the 3s blx v3
Thats about it

I have the same issue, brand new running 3300 battery it came with, out of the box it ran fine, next day it stops and is flashing after 5 mins, switch off and on and in less than a minute does it again

I have the same issue, brand new running 3300 battery it came with, out of the box it ran fine, next day it stops and is flashing after 5 mins, switch off and on and in less than a minute does it again

Am I safe to assume that you have the Mega? Do you have the esc in NIMH mode? The Mega esc and motor are just like any other rtr brushed system, they make good paperweights.

Am I safe to assume that you have the Mega? Do you have the esc in NIMH mode? The Mega esc and motor are just like any other rtr brushed system, they make good paperweights.
Yes, I have the mega 550 senton brushed and cheap 3300 batteries. My buddy has the other cheap one the granite and has no problems, thanks for the reply!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back