ESC blinking red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do make a great platform. Sounds like you may have something wrong there. If you can’t sort it by resetting the ESC, call the store where you got it or Horizon Hobby and ask them to replace the bad part.

The new Granite Mega is the same truck as the BLX but for the motor and ESC. Not sure for the model you have but it’s pretty close.

Nothing wrong with the brushed Mega versions. Great starter rigs.

Try the reset process for the ESC.
I've never had great luck with brushed rtr electronics, burned up way to many escs and motors.

They do make a great platform. Sounds like you may have something wrong there. If you can’t sort it by resetting the ESC, call the store where you got it or Horizon Hobby and ask them to replace the bad part.

The new Granite Mega is the same truck as the BLX but for the motor and ESC. Not sure for the model you have but it’s pretty close.
Thank you!!!

I've never had great luck with brushed rtr electronics, burned up way to many escs and motors.
Well I was in this hobby 30 years ago so I know how tough a brushed setup can be if you clean and maintain it. I started this spring with my son with an ECX Amp MT brushed. Ran it all summer on 2S LiPo with not a single problem. Don’t overheat it, clean it and oil the bearings and it will last for decades. Seriously.

Well I was in this hobby 30 years ago so I know how tough a brushed setup can be if you clean and maintain it. I started this spring with my son with an ECX Amp MT brushed. Ran it all summer on 2S LiPo with not a single problem. Don’t overheat it, clean it and oil the bearings and it will last for decades. Seriously.
I'll do that, hope it improves and lasts like yours, decent rc for the price!

I'll do that, hope it improves and lasts like yours, decent rc for the price!
To be specific, blow the motor out with compressed or canned air after each run and clean it with motor spray/electric contact cleaner every 5-6 runs and put a drop of oil on the bushings after its dry. Learn to set your gear mesh and slipper clutch properly and it will be very durable.

To be specific, blow the motor out with compressed or canned air after each run and clean it with motor spray/electric contact cleaner every 5-6 runs and put a drop of oil on the bushings after its dry. Learn to set your gear mesh and slipper clutch properly and it will be very durable.
I will do that, gotta learn slipper and mesh, will look here for that info, again...thank you!!! Most helpful!!!

I will do that, gotta learn slipper and mesh, will look here for that info, again...thank you!!! Most helpful!!!
There are lots of good videos on YouTube for all of it. ?

Good news, as that brushed motor gets broken in and the brushes wear a bit for better contact with the armature it will get a little faster. ?

RTR brushed motors don't have bearings. And I highly doubt it would last decades the brushes in those motors wear down over time they are not replaceable, the brushes also wear out the com on the motor shaft which again is not replaceable. Years sure I could believe that but decades? Now your just blowing smoke.

There are lots of good videos on YouTube for all of it. ?

Good news, as that brushed motor gets broken in and the brushes wear a bit for better contact with the armature it will get a little faster. ?
Its pretty fast, I was delighted how fast it is!

Its pretty fast, I was delighted how fast it is!
Just wait until you eventually move to brushless. You won't believe it. Seriously. My son's little Amp MT that started brushed is now brushless and 3S - we just went over 70 kph with it. LOL. And that is with it set up for bashing, not even street tires.

Just wait until you eventually move to brushless. You won't believe it. Seriously. My son's little Amp MT that started brushed is now brushless and 3S - we just went over 70 kph with it. LOL. And that is with it set up for bashing, not even street tires.
I doubt I'll do any upgrades to this one unless it breaks catastrophically, I've got my eye on a few touring cars or perhaps a drag racing car, but that's in the future, my son has all the high speed stuff and I can barely drive it!!

I doubt I'll do any upgrades to this one unless it breaks catastrophically, I've got my eye on a few touring cars or perhaps a drag racing car, but that's in the future, my son has all the high speed stuff and I can barely drive it!!
I'm a basher primarily. My Notorious 6S is insanely fast and SO MUCH FUN! But whatever floats your boat. :)

^^^ No re bind needed. Just an ESC reset and Radio Thr. calibration perhaps.

@Nampur I would suggest doing a factory reset if you can on the ESC.

To reset the ESC to factory default settings connect a battery, turn the transmitter on and then turn the car on. Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release. The Red and Green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset. Switch the ESC off and factory reset is complete.

How old is the ESC? It might be under warranty.
Hi my arrma senton 4x4 is brushed straight out of the box I tried to convert it into brushless velineon and couldn't so now I have put the factory ESC back I have steering but no throttle can you please give me some advice

Hi my arrma senton 4x4 is brushed straight out of the box I tried to convert it into brushless velineon and couldn't so now I have put the factory ESC back I have steering but no throttle can you please give me some advice
Need more information. What motor do you have in the Senton? Some pictures or video might help. Have you recalibrated the ESC and the transmitter?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back