ESC burned up after plugging in the battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kyle broflovski kids GIF by South Park

Are these your first RC cars? You do turn the remote on first, right? Do the remotes have good batteries in them? Have you set the endpoints? This is not normal. To have two different cars do the same thing means there’s something wrong with your initial set up most likely (user error). Reset everything and start over perhaps. I’m sure others will chime in. Good luck.
No. Not user error. Not my only cars. I have set up correct. Do you think that these ESC only push power to motor ? They are fully programable. Thats why they don't give any information out. Even the features it comes with. No infonin manuels. It will tell you to call them. Withholding basic info about stuff we buy. I wouldnsay they self Destruct. That is more common then user error. The esc burned on its own after that. Not right away but few months down. User error. What could i have done. I plug battery in.

No. Not user error. Not my only cars. I have set up correct. Do you think that these ESC only push power to motor ? They are fully programable. Thats why they don't give any information out. Even the features it comes with. No infonin manuels. It will tell you to call them. Withholding basic info about stuff we buy. I wouldnsay they self Destruct. That is more common then user error. The esc burned on its own after that. Not right away but few months down. User error. What could i have done. I plug battery in.
They do give you the ESC program menu in the manual.

Yup. User error. G’luck with that.

All info is readily available. The runaway is user error as explained in earlier post, sorry if you do not like the answer.
ESC limit is 150A and a great match to the stock 2050 motor. ESC will current limit if more is being asked but not blow up because of it.
New ones have probably blow up due to production problems, but there is warranty. Agreed that is bad.

Are these your first RC cars? You do turn the remote on first, right? Do the remotes have good batteries in them? Have you set the endpoints? This is not normal. To have two different cars do the same thing means there’s something wrong with your initial set up most likely (user error). Reset everything and start over perhaps. I’m sure others will chime in. Good luck.
+1

Could be the OP is using the wrong Tail light Fluid.
Arrma doesn't state which one to use in the manual.:whistle:
I see that happening a lot.

I remember when I got my first Nitro rig, It would not start.
Turns out I forgot to install the Muffler pipe Ball Bearing. Go figure.

Last edited:
I remember when I got my first Nitro rig, It would not start.
Turns out I forgot to install the Muffler pipe Ball Bearing. Go figure.
Yes, those will get you all the time. Use ceramics next time and will start up right away, standard always make me crank. 🤘

All info is readily available. The runaway is user error as explained in earlier post, sorry if you do not like the answer.
ESC limit is 150A and a great match to the stock 2050 motor. ESC will current limit if more is being asked but not blow up because of it.
New ones have probably blow up due to production problems, but there is warranty. Agreed that is bad.
Ok runaway is user error. What would make the runaway stop. ? Error again. If battery is still connected power is not turned off but "runaway" comes to power off after running away. What shut it off. ?

I don't like the answer. ? It was not really a question but a report of event. A dangerous event or incident. Now i keep one motor wire disconnected. Error should repeat next time i piwer it up again.

For the first time i have concluded the DX3 is commanding the full throttle. Potentiometers is not bad. Ohm it out . It is a software that B2000 install with a delay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back