Typhon ESC Case Cracked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beniferd

Sacrifice has no patience for victims.....
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
I was going through my bug tonight cleaning it up and noticed my ESC screw tabs were broken on both sides and one of the corners had a crack going vertical from the base. I'm assuming it is no longer waterproof, which I don't hit a lot of that anyway, but I have no way of mounting it to the chassis now. I don't even know when this happened! Has anyone had luck 2-side taping these down? Or any other fix would be appreciated.
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20190521_221404.jpg
    20190521_221404.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 87
I tried 3M tape on my savage with the 1/8th esc it came with. It worked until my first lawn dart landing. Then the esc popped loose and if I didn't have the stock spur cover on it, the wires would have gone right in it.

I found that the gorilla brand double sided tape holds far better.

Odds are, the board itself is conformal coated and a crack in the case won't hurt anything.

If you're really worried you could just put a little high temp silicone on there. It's not a very large crack, so I think it would seal fine. Some of Castle's ESCs don't come with mounting holes, so I've always used 3M double sided tape. Works pretty well as long as it's applied correctly.

Last edited:
Good outdoor or automotive double sided tape is fine, I have a few carbon fiber parts on my real cars that stick just fine with all of the vibration that real cars go through

I'd still use the two sided tape, but maybe take the mounting plate out, and use a couple of zip ties. With the tape, they don't have to be tight. The silicone to plug the whole is also a good idea, just in case.

Ok so I did the 2 side tape idea and it actually feels solid. And I used a plastic epoxy to fill the gaps. I found a couple smaller ones around it. I really appreciate your guys help and reassurance of my options. I guess if it fails then I'll be asking for advice on a new ESC or Combo pack.

Just wanted to thank you all for the tape idea as one of my screw holes broke during a hard stop with approx 25 km/h. Which was a surprise stop against something that was not expected to be sticking out.

Edit:
I bought a double sided tape at the car shop today and my ESC won't go anyware anymore! :)

Last edited:
Funny that you posted this thread... I had a good friend by the name of FnFancy on another forum and he had an mxl 6s with a case cracked so bad it looked like it went through world war 2. Thing was basically separated in half. We don’t talk much anymore, but from the last I heard, he’s still running it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back