Mojave ESC choice , Max5 or Max6 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
O.K , so here is my problem , because I bought a Senton 6s slider , now I am moving an ESC/motor from car to car . If there is any of my RC's that I should put bigger electronics into , it should be the Mojave , right ????? It is a V1 , RTR with the BLX , not Spektrum . I def want to go HW 1650kv , but most I see everyone goes with the Max 6 . Why not a Max5 ? As I have a DBXL-E and SBR 2.0 that if for whatever reason want / need to change out the stock ESC , the Max 5 would be right at home in those big guys !!!
Is a Max 5 to big to waste into a Mojave ? Is it more dependable / have a better reputation over the Max 6 ? It is only about a $70 difference . The one thing I like about the Mo is you can pull the throttle 100% , and it takes off !!! I actually DON'T want it to be a wheelie machine , so adjust in the pinion and/or punch to try and resist it doing that ?
FWIW , I have a HW Max5 / 1100kv in my K8S , and it runs flawless/ cool !!!Thanks for the input !!
Or ,..... put it in my Talion ????

Last edited:
No reason to have a Max5 in the Mojave. Just driving around more money.
The Max 5 and 6 both don't fit in the Talion. The servo position prevents it.
Max6 ist perfect for the Mojave. .
Didn't know the Max 6 wouldn't fit the Talion !!!! Well , now that leaves put the BLX from my Mojave into my Senton ,and 1650kv into the Moajve

No reason to have a Max5 in the Mojave. Just driving around more money.
The Max 5 and 6 both don't fit in the Talion. The servo position prevents it.
Max6 ist perfect for the Mojave. .
Are you sure the max 6 doesn't fit? it fits in the typhon so I find that kind of hard to believe. I have a max 6 in the bin somewhere but I don't feel like trying it. Currently running an mmx8s and it fits fine.
Didn't know the Max 6 wouldn't fit the Talion !!!! Well , now that leaves put the BLX from my Mojave into my Senton ,and 1650kv into the Moajve
I say go for it, change the bearings on the motor and run 8s too. Max 5 will stay super cool Id imagine. I know some people put in xlx2 so I don't see why not a max 5.

Max 6 fits in the talion. You have to move the esc back 6mm/1/4" on the plate essentially losing one mounting hole if your pinning it through the bottom.

Max 6 fits in all 6s rigs. Max5 would def be a sqeeze. Just bash it makes a vertical mount for the max5 that i used on a stretched mojave running 8s though. Pics of one of my two talions running a max6 and the stretched mojave.

fat bastard5.jpg

fat bastard11.jpg

talion14.jpg

If you slam the Talion on the body in a crash the Max6 ESC will get the full load. Would not do it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back