Granite ESC Failing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrdberry

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has come across a problem similar to this. I've owned Granite 3s BLX for roughly a month now and started having some weird throttle issues and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is besides a bad ESC. I would like to preface this by saying the truck has worked flawlessly up until this point, and probably put 20+ batteries through it.

With a fresh, full charged battery ( Spektrum 3s Lipo 5000mAh 50c )the truck bashes around just fine for 2-3 mins then the throttle dies completely and the truck coasts to a stop if I use any more then 5-10% pull on the throttle. ESC light goes solid red for a few seconds , then blinks green once almost looks to be restarting. I do not lose steering at all during any of this as well. During the first 2-3 min bash from cold, the truck behaves normally, snappy acceleration and wheelies as normal.

If I maintain not going past this 5-10% threshold for throttle I can continue to use the battery until LVC. But as soon as I try to punch the throttle or gradually try to increase the same thing occurs. Light goes solid red, truck coasts to stop blinks green then after a few seconds , rinse and repeat.

If I hold the truck in the air and test the acceleration it works like normal but the same procedure happens applying the brakes while in the air throttle control dies and light sequence starts.

Even after unplugging the motor after this sequence starts. I can replicate the solid red light, followed by green light flash by moving the throttle.

Everything seems to be moving freely and working as intended drive train wise. Nothing I can see there that would add extra resistance or load to acceleration then what would normally be.

Upgrades on the truck aren't much as of yet: (all have worked for 15+ runs prior to issue starting)
- additional fan on motor AR390289
- driveshaft support set AR310878
- Duratrax Stakker MT Rims/Tires
- sealed bearing kit
- DumboRC X6 radio

Things I have tried with same results:

- Multiple battery tests (Spektrum 3s Lipo 5000mAh 50c x 2) as well as ( gensacearespammers 2s Lipo 50c x 2)
- Swap Radio and Receiver between Stock STX2 and a DumboRC x6 to remove bad radio variable
- Checking and re setting slipper

Going to bring the truck to my LHS and see if I can test another ESC or motor. Considering its only been just over a month I'm sure something like this could be under warranty.

Last edited:
If you've swapped radios and tried other batteries and it still happens, it must be a faulty ESC... that would be a call to HH (Logic RC if in the UK) if it was me

So was it your ESC? I'm having similar problems mine runs like you said and just dies like the battery went dead just before it does it acts like something is binding . unplug battery turn it back on and it runs again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back