ESC Fan Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLB454

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
So I have had my Talion V3 for a few months now, thing is amazing! The only issue I have had with it is the ESC fan. I noticed a couple weeks ago that one of the fan blades had broken off and bound up the fan from spinning. No worries, this sort of thing should be expected, so ordered up another one. Got it yesterday and straight away installed it. Called in the crew for some run time, and 15 mins into it I checked and my new fan had broken a blade just like the first one. When I installed it I double checked for anything that might be binding or causing any interference since I didnt want this one to break, and all seemed good. I was jumping it, but in the grass, and pretty easy. Landed on its lid a few times, but nothing major at all. Oh, I do have a Hot Racing dirt cover (we like to call it a hair net, lol) installed to help prevent any debris getting in there.

Anyone else have this sort of thing happen, and is there a better aftermarket fan that is better? I know it wont prohibit me from running it, but I do want to get another one in asap.

My bashing buddy last summer went through 3 or 4 fans in his talion. He aired his out quite a bit though, so was a lot of big air/chassis slap. I'm guessing the fan would flex and hit itself or the esc fins or the esc top cage part. I haven't had many issues with mine on my outcast even now on 6S hitting big air. Could be the talion just slaps the ground harder since it sits lower.

I found some cheap fans on amazon for him/me to use and they held up just as well for him than the hobbywing/arrma fans.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0782RHV3T

$14 for 3 vs $12 for one of the HW fans. I had to cut/solder a receiver type plug onto them.

Same thing happened in my Castle SW4. I just threw a little super glue on the blade that broke and let it set. Then I put a little on the opposite side of the fan to balance it out and it's worked great since.

Is the fan hitting the heat sink on hard landings? maybe some small washers between the fan case and speed control mounting holes could help

My bashing buddy last summer went through 3 or 4 fans in his talion. He aired his out quite a bit though, so was a lot of big air/chassis slap. I'm guessing the fan would flex and hit itself or the esc fins or the esc top cage part. I haven't had many issues with mine on my outcast even now on 6S hitting big air. Could be the talion just slaps the ground harder since it sits lower.

I found some cheap fans on amazon for him/me to use and they held up just as well for him than the hobbywing/arrma fans.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0782RHV3T

$14 for 3 vs $12 for one of the HW fans. I had to cut/solder a receiver type plug onto them.

Thanks for the link Olds. I did notice that these are 5V, whereas the Arrma one 1.5V....make any difference? Seems like a great deal!

I did pull and check out the fan this afternoon and two other blades had nicks in them. I also put it on a flat surface and checked the flex, sure enough, even the slightest bit of pressure on one of the blades would cause it to bottom out, most likely harder landings will do the same thing. I think the simple fix is to put spacers/washers between the fan and heat sink as stephen suggested.

Thanks for the link Olds. I did notice that these are 5V, whereas the Arrma one 1.5V....make any difference? Seems like a great deal!

I did pull and check out the fan this afternoon and two other blades had nicks in them. I also put it on a flat surface and checked the flex, sure enough, even the slightest bit of pressure on one of the blades would cause it to bottom out, most likely harder landings will do the same thing. I think the simple fix is to put spacers/washers between the fan and heat sink as stephen suggested.
The ones I linked are 5V .2A fans. I'm not sure why the arma one has 1.5 on it. It would surely cook running at 6V all the time because that's what's being sent to it via the fan port.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back