esc fan mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGBOI

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hello, I am a COMPLETE NEWBIE too this type of RCs, and I am having trouble with my esc overheating, so it has been recommended to me from some people down at my local hobby shop have recommended that I place a fan on my ESC, but since mine is the mega one that comes with the arrma senton mega, there are no fan mounts! Anybody got any suggestions?

I believe it's a 25mm fan size that you can fit on top of the Mega esc heatsink and secure with two bolts screwed into the fins of the heatsink. Maybe 3mm or might be 2.5mm bolts that fit. Take the esc to your Hobbyshop and see if they have a fan that will fit. I would just get a better esc one that shouldn't need a fan like a Hobbywing WP 1060. But get a fan so the esc won't overheat or an esc that won't overheat then the next weakest link will be the motor which has no way of shutting off if it gets too hot (esc has no way of knowing how hot the motor gets).

Thank you very much! Sadly, I don't have the money (and guts) to replace the whole ESC, but i will look for those screws and the fan that you recommended!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back