ESC fan replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dav30

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
hey guys my K8S esc fan lost a blade and i want to replace it but i cant find any 35mm fans
what have you been using as a replacement? is there a way to mount a 30mm in a 35mm housing?

You can find 35mm fans on Amazon here in the US. 35x35x10 5V
https://www.amazon.com/WINSINN-Hydr...7&sr=1-1-70f7c15d-07d8-466a-b325-4be35d7258cc

Several on this forum have been using 30mm high speed fans and they are fairly easy to install. I added some foam below and above, using one screw to hold it in place and the other 3 screws are acting like a cage on the outside, again some foam will work well. There are other ways of doing it as well. Limited bashing experience thus far, only 3 packs through it but works better than stock fan due to higher rpm and cfm.

Thanks for the info. Do you have any pictures of how you did it

Thanks for the info. Do you have any pictures of how you did it
@olds97_lss has a pic of his setup. I would have to take everything apart right now. Give it a week but it's pretty straight forward.
Just like replacing the fan, install a 30mm held in place with 1 screw, the other 3 act like a cage, just need to wedge it in a little with something.

Servo tape or thick carpet tape will work, I used it top and bottom to not have the fan bounce.

Ok no worries I'll give it ago

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back