Kraton ESC Fan Temporarily Stopped Working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1980mac

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Was wondering if anyone ever had their fan just temporarily stop working on the ESC.

Thanks,
Josh

Yep...they suck alot of dust in. I had to clean out both if mine after one run. One is ok now but the other is still buzzing.
Used air compressor and some electronic spray cleaner.... Still had to give it a flick with my finger to get it going again too.
Have since put some fly wire ontop of the fan cover to keep the dust etc... Out.

Ah, good to know. I blew the grass out and it fired right up again. Motor was definitely a bit warm. Good thing I noticed it in time. Mesh is a great idea.

I do also using mesh on top from the first time.
Also i put a little dry fluid in the bearer.
Till yet no issue with the van, still working.

I do also using mesh on top from the first time.
Also i put a little dry fluid in the bearer.
Till yet no issue with the van, still working.

Hi, what do you mean by "bearer"? Also, can you show a picture of the ESC with mesh? Thanks.

Under the rotating part is a axle. If you unmount the van, you will see what I mean.
In that position mostly cheap bearer from bronze. (not ball bearings) Such kind of bearing which you´ll find in Tamyja models before you change them to ball bearings.
-> mash!
Just 4 washers and a bit plastic mesh.
IMG_0001.JPG

Under the rotating part is a axle. If you unmount the van, you will see what I mean.
In that position mostly cheap bearer from bronze. (not ball bearings) Such kind of bearing which you´ll find in Tamyja models before you change them to ball bearings.
-> mash!
Just 4 washers and a bit plastic mesh.
View attachment 6454

Beaaaaautiful, thanks!

I use this mash also inside of the battery box. It prevents that small stones where kept in the box and will damage the hull of the soft packs.
I already putted one additional layer clear heat shrink over the LiPo packs. So I can read what is on the sticker and the sticker stays on the LiPo when them is getting wet. This pic is from an Nero Big Rock but I think that the other ESC´s are not so big different.
In the normal Nero is a little other ESC, but the "mesh solution" is working also. Just an other way to fix them.

Regards,
lonee

Hi, I know I'm new to this hobby but the same exact thing happened to me multiple times. What I did is just take the top four screws out and pick all of the grass out of my esc. This worked and your advice with the mesh is a great idea and I'll try it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back