esc fan upgrade recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
The outcast fan officially is r.i.p. I am having trouble finding a waterproof upgrade. any chance you could share what you have used please

Unfortunately there is no such waterproof or water resistant fans that exist They are just computer fans repurposed for RC electrics.
The better ones have ball bearings instead of bushings. WTF makes pretty decent fans for RC as well as Yeah racing. I am using a Noctua BB 5v 40x40 x10 on my motor. They just don't make a 30x30 which would be needed for the ESC. I have been using the Arrma replacement fans. And replace less of them since I put a mesh screen over the ESC's fan. Water will destroy them real fast. Trust me.
Strange that these rigs are supposedly marketed as water resistant. Just not the fans. So basically they are NOT WP or WR.?

Last edited:
we just in the last two days had the fans die on Typhon and infraction. The fan motor did not die. It appears that the solder on the fan wiring has let go. Has anyone had any luck soldering these back on?

Not sure if waterproofing a fan is really possible but I use silicone conformal coating to waterproof PCBs of like my receivers and cheap ESCs.

Not sure if waterproofing a fan is really possible but I use silicone conformal coating to waterproof PCBs of like my receivers and cheap ESCs.
If you can dissect a fan to use conformal coating on the board, you are good. I have dissected a few and they are hard to put back together dependably. The clip at the arm shaft usually break when removing. You need to remove the arm. from the stators. (the fan blade itself must be taken out) The bearings/sleeves are what gets damaged with water and dirt. Also dirt and water get between the stators and armature. Cant control that, by its inherent design. You can't make that WP/WR. I tried. I have a bin full of bricked fans I've played with.. (y) :LOL:
BTW, I am a conformal coating monger. Great stuff, if you have patience to dissasemble Rx's, Servos, Sensored Motor Hall effect sensored boards and other components etc. I run through streams with all my Crawlers. Yes that stuff works.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back