ESC Firma Firmware Update B2.21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Spektrum/HH are not doing a good job of updating the Word doc to the changes made in the newer firmware that I can find. I am on the first one and will make the update but anyone know that's changes have been made in B2.21?

Thx

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 10.41.44 AM.png

Last edited:
I do not think it's an upgrade, just the stock firmware.

Edit: Need to check myself now. Looks like previous was 2.11 or 2.12

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-horizon-master/default/dw97949578/Manuals/Firma Smart ESCs Update Instructions and Change log.pdf

Curious, how did you get an updated database?

So you are thinking the stock firmware went from 2.12 which I had which now is 2.21 for the Firma...no major update. I did update the programmer first from the menu in the program under DEVICE...took it off ESC and that way it updated the programmer. Then after that, I put it back on ESC and it updated the ESC when I put the program back the ESC.

I got the latest version as well, oddly enough you can only get it from the Horizon site, the Firma/Spektrum site still has the older version.
They are listing some changes, mainly LVC was moved from 3.0V to 3.4V. Not a lot of info though. Seems like they now have the right option info as well.
Thanks for posting, the SPektrum infrastructure is messed up as they never list changes or have a consistent point of finding info, very frustrating.

HI:)
I am just wondering, how did you get the 1.08 version of Speltrum USBLink?
I am trying to update my Spektrum Firma 150 ESC to 2.18 update and you are telling me that here is is 2.21?

Please, could you send us a link to the latest firmware?

It is very hard to get it from, Spektrum or Horizon Hobby.

Thanks,
Slawek

HI:)
I am just wondering, how did you get the 1.08 version of Speltrum USBLink?
I am trying to update my Spektrum Firma 150 ESC to 2.18 update and you are telling me that here is is 2.21?

Please, could you send us a link to the latest firmware?

It is very hard to get it from, Spektrum or Horizon Hobby.

Thanks,
Slawek

Hi

So I needed to update the device first and I followed a video I wanted linked here.... In the app I have to change the "device" option to the USB link to update it first before I could do the update to the FIRMA ESC...

Thanks @jkflow

That info helped me get up to date. Was following the Spektrum website and stuck on the older software and ESC firmware (1.04 and 2.11 from memory).

Which firmware version has a better LVC (higher) or has an option to set LVC like shown in the SPMXSE1150 manual?
Screenshot_20210804-211437_PocketBook.jpg

I am getting a spektrum firma 150 just on it's own: will these options be available to me?

Attachments

• Firma-Manual-EN.pdf
    634.7 KB · Views: 103
Whelp here comes the newbness......could anyone give a dummy101 version or somewhere I can educate myself on programming and updating esc and what the hell is all of it. 🤷😁😂

He is long winded....it might give "some" help but a start point

The 1150 does not have an option to set LVC, only the 1130. That is the danger when looking at a combined chart.
Look at the 1150 one instead:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...ab12/Manuals/SPMXSE1150-Programming_Chart.pdf

LVC kicks in around 3.2V but I use telemetry instead.

This was very helpful!
Much unclear and incorrect info from HH and Spektrum im finding, sorry to say.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...k-ESC-Update-and-Programming-Instructions.pdf

I got the latest version as well, oddly enough you can only get it from the Horizon site, the Firma/Spektrum site still has the older version.
They are listing some changes, mainly LVC was moved from 3.0V to 3.4V. Not a lot of info though. Seems like they now have the right option info as well.
Thanks for posting, the SPektrum infrastructure is messed up as they never list changes or have a consistent point of finding info, very frustrating.

Id be happy with that! I don't think Ive actually run down the 8000mAh 6S Lipo's I have. They go forever and I have other cars. The Typhon 3S does cut off around 3.6'ish so ive noticed as do the kids Voltages.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back