ESC flashing red light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsnot

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Have an odd issue with my Arrma Nero, it has steering but no forward or reverse. ESC flashes red and I can't seem to reset it. Has been playing up a little recently, with the car loosing power or stopping when the batteries are at approx 3.8v per cell - not sure if this is related or not. It did start working again intermittently for about 5 minutes, but nothing now expect the flashing red light again. Diff brain also isn't working.

Vid:

Yes fully charged batteries, tried a factory reset (as in the video) but didn't work.

It appears that the diff brain was the issue. Have removed it and the ESC is working fine again.

Na I think the ESC is knackered.... need to check it out and probably send it back.

Na I think the ESC is knackered.... need to check it out and probably send it back.

Took my Outcast out in the snow and it stopped moving. No throttle response and the steering quit working shortly after. I cooked the ESC. Had it tested to make sure and yup, it's cooked. Turns out the BLX ESC is only water resistant, not water proof. Which is false advertising if you ask me. Anyway, installed an EZRUN MAX 6 ESC. Works perfectly now. I had to put different ends on the ESC so it would plug into the motor but that just took a little soldering. Hope this helps.

Took my Outcast out in the snow and it stopped moving. No throttle response and the steering quit working shortly after. I cooked the ESC. Had it tested to make sure and yup, it's cooked. Turns out the BLX ESC is only water resistant, not water proof. Which is false advertising if you ask me. Anyway, installed an EZRUN MAX 6 ESC. Works perfectly now. I had to put different ends on the ESC so it would plug into the motor but that just took a little soldering. Hope this helps.

I also tried to reset throttle points and do a factory reset but nothing would work.

Just a heads up re: my flashing red light issue, I performed the throttle calibration on page 27 of the manual and it fixed the problem. Interestingly I've had it happen again since then, and once on the new Kraton I just bought. So probably a pretty common occurrence.

Yup, that is the throttle needing calibrated. I just went through it with mine...actually this post made me think of it lol. Had it happen on a few other rc's as well. All the same flashing light and only steering working.

Any update? I just had the same thing happen to me on my one-week-old outcast.
So I’m having the same issue, green for a second then flashing red light, no steering no throttle. What’s a diff brain? and how can I reset my esc or should upgrade my esc?
Any update? I just had the same thing happen to me on my one-week-old outcast.
So I’m having the same issue, green for a second then flashing red light, no steering no throttle. What’s a diff brain? and how can I reset my esc or should upgrade my esc?

V4 6s Kraton I just replaced the receiver with a kronnik and receiver light indicates paired but nothing working. Flashing red on esc and will not allow recalibration of throttle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back