ESC for Leopard 4082 2000Kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rynobull

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
My blx185 took a crap after driving in the snow for about 10 min. I did land a big jump just before it stopped (I'd say a good 60 foot distance and 10 foot high) landed smoothly and on all 4s very even... Not sure if jump did it or snow...but one of the two did it in.

Need a good esc for my leopard motor. 4082 and 2000 kv running 6s only.

I see the max8 recommended a lot but I know I would have to swap out the connectors as I think I read the max8 had 6.5mm and my motor has 4??

The hw esc’s have 6.5mm female bullet connectors installed. Desolder and solder 6.5mm male connectors on the motor leads. You will probably need to make extensions to the leads as well with the included spare wiring with the esc.

Just did this on my senton build over the weekend.
409C8F5E-7C13-45E3-B74E-9A66E75BF1EB.jpeg

Looks great!! Is that a max8? What motor is that and what rear motor mount?. I would like to do a rear motor support but it seems like it could be hard to do if I change pinions a lot.

the esc is a hw max 5, killmode 13,200uf cap pack, leopard 4092 1730kv, 25/50 pinion/spur. the rear motor brace is a 40mm nitro exhaust mount (which took 5 months of searching to find another after my kraton build).

if you intend to change pinions a lot the rear motor brace hole could be lengthened to a slot instead of a single round hole.

check out my build logs for information that could be useful:

kraton build: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-running-tp-4070cm-2200kv-on-6s.5381/

senton build: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-running-leopard-4092-1730kv-on-6s.7869/

I was also checking the max 6.
It says this:
Motor Limit: With 6S LiPo/18S NiMH: KV ≤1500 (5892 size motor); With 8S LiPo/24S NiMH: KV ≤1200 (5892 size motor)

Is that saying I need a motor that is less kv than 1500 running 6S....or is it saying a motor less powerful than 1500 kv? To me, my 2000kv 4082 is less motor than a 5892 1500kv. The way they display motor limit is a little confusing.

The 4092/5892 is can diameter and can length. As for kv that is the rpm per volt the higher the volt normally the lower kv, the amps change also. The kv is normally based on what volt battery you run the bigger the motor the more torque as with lower kv

I understand that part. On the motor limits it says less than or equal to 1500kv. Less than 1500kv "numerically" is 1400kv or 1200kv.... but less than 1500kv in motor "power" or amp draw could be 1700 kv, 2000kv or 2200kv.

Am I over thinking this?

From what I know is that if you run 8s on a 4092 up to a Max of 2200kv and on a 5892 up to 1400 kv. You have to look at motor specs for kv to volts which gives you the ratings for what ESC will fall in the specs. I hope I am saying this properly. If you find the motor you want to run on 8s they usually have a kv rating for volt and most 1:5 ESC/ max5 usually will work, hopefully someone else can give you a different understanding

Last edited:
It fits fine but it will not bolt to the mounting plate like it is. You have to take the rib off that is to the side of the BLX esc. They give you tape to mount it but I put tie straps around it too to make sure it will not come off. The tie straps will go under the plate even after it is mounted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back