esc for my typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Chap82

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
looking for a good ESC that will fit and bolt into the stock BLX185 location on my typhon 6s V4. i’m in the air with hobby wing max6 or Castle monster x, like to stay 6s some insite from anyone with some experience would be great thanks

looking for a good ESC that will fit and bolt into the stock BLX185 location on my typhon 6s V4. i’m in the air with hobby wing max6 or Castle monster x, like to stay 6s some insite from anyone with some experience would be great thanks
How do you drive the Typhon? The MMX8S can be ran on 6S but doesn’t have screw tabs. You would have to use double sided tape or velcro.

How do you drive the Typhon? The MMX8S can be ran on 6S but doesn’t have screw tabs. You would have to use double sided tape or velcro.
used to bash it and do big air jumps but got tired of stuff breaking and having to fix/repair parts. now it’s just speed runs and/or ripping around on pavement.

used to bash it and do big air jumps but got tired of stuff breaking and having to fix/repair parts. now it’s just speed runs and/or ripping around on pavement.
Any of the Castle then. MM2, MMX8S, or XLX

I'm SOL on getting MMX 8s or XLX as they'r all sold out. Except for Ebay but price gouging, I'll wait.

Any of the Castle then. MM2, MMX8S, or XLX

xlx won’t fit in original location. i know it could be far fetched but i’d like something i could put where the original blx185 is located. that’s why i looking towards the max6, are any of the castles similar dimensions as the blx185? i want to stay 6s as it’s very difficult to impossible to fit 2 batteries under the body on a typhon unless they’re lower Mah.

i was going to go with the TP power 4070 2900KV but it won’t fit without either modding the mounting location of the motor/center diff mounts or transferring everything onto a kraton chassis(don’t really want to do either) so now i’m also looking for something in the realm of that motor, i know nothing will be very comparable but something in the same zip code, wonder if TP has something with a smaller can. ?

xlx won’t fit in original location. i know it could be far fetched but i’d like something i could put where the original blx185 is located. that’s why i looking towards the max6, are any of the castles similar dimensions as the blx185? i want to stay 6s as it’s very difficult to impossible to fit 2 batteries under the body on a typhon unless they’re lower Mah.

i was going to go with the TP power 4070 2900KV but it won’t fit without either modding the mounting location of the motor/center diff mounts or transferring everything onto a kraton chassis(don’t really want to do either) so now i’m also looking for something in the realm of that motor, i know nothing will be very comparable but something in the same zip code, wonder if TP has something with a smaller can. ?
MMX8S if you can get one.

Both the MMX8S and MM2 Retro would fit the bill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back