Esc goes full throttle when transmitter is off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmx 8s runs good no issues I turn the transmitter off and it goes full throttle I have to turn it off and on and it stops someone help me !!!
Why do you turn the transmitter off first? I did that once accidentally while holding my granite and it ripped half the hair from my right arm. If my car is on so is the transmitter. Always 😂

Mmx 8s runs good no issues I turn the transmitter off and it goes full throttle I have to turn it off and on and it stops someone help me !!!
That's why you should never turn off the transmitter first. That has happened to me. Turn on transmitter FIRST always then the reciever. Then turn off the receiver FIRST. If not, runway is always a possibility.

Why do you turn the transmitter off first? I did that once accidentally while holding my granite and it ripped half the hair from my right arm. If my car is on so is the transmitter. Always 😂
I know but it never did that this castle esc it’s like a different trick depending on the road like wtf my on off switch stop working then started working again on its own now it got wet stop working now the car goes full throttle when I turn the transmitter off idk it’s frustrating

I turned on my Kaiju first once before turning on the radio and it took off full speed. Luckily it went half way underneath a bridge (which I had to crawl underneath to go get it). I was lucky that it didn't drive straight into the busy street above.

I know but it never did that this castle esc it’s like a different trick depending on the road like wtf my on off switch stop working then started working again on its own now it got wet stop working now the car goes full throttle when I turn the transmitter off idk it’s frustrating
Umm…okay 🤔

I turned on my Kaiju first once before turning on the radio and it took off full speed. Luckily it went half way underneath a bridge (which I had to crawl underneath to go get it). I was lucky that it didn't drive straight into the busy street above.
Yeah it did it to me thank god I was able to turn it on and it stop same my butt some splitter body who knows it’s an 8s infraction so
Saved so money on splitter **
Umm…okay 🤔
Lmao I can’t I feel like I’m being roasted here

Yeah it did it to me thank god I was able to turn it on and it stop same my butt some splitter body who knows it’s an 8s infraction so
Saved so money on splitter **

Lmao I can’t I feel like I’m being roasted here
Nah dude, just hard to decipher your meaning. Stop voice texting or review and correct it before sending. That’s all.

Nah dude, just hard to decipher your meaning. Stop voice texting or review and correct it before sending. That’s all.
Ok so is it supposed to happen sometimes or contact support for it ?
Simple. Turn off the esc first. Turn on to transmitter first. Rc 101. Non negotiable
You see straight answer ok so nothing wrong with esc ???
that was my worry idk why I started doing it that way today oh well lesson learned!
This is the set up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 92
Shouldn't failsafe settings prevent this? My receiver defaults to failsafe settings if it loses signal from the transmitter. It's still best to turn off the esc first, but if you have the failsafe set to neutral throttle (I think some people use brake) it should not accelerate when you turn off the transmitter. Are you using the DX3 transmitter? This is from the DX3 manual.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.07.10 - 02.53.49.99.png

Last edited:
Shouldn't failsafe settings prevent this? My receiver defaults to failsafe settings if it loses signal from the transmitter. It's still best to turn off the esc first, but if you have the failsafe set to neutral throttle (I think some people use brake) it should not accelerate when you turn off the transmitter. Are you using the DX3 transmitter? This is from the DX3 manual.

View attachment 157063
Some people don't even know to turn on the transmitter first then the car and turn off the car first then the transmitter, they probably don't even know what failsafe is or how to set it up.

View attachment 157063
That’s what I’ve been saying !!!!

View attachment 157063
I was working on mine inside when it happened. So maybe that had something to do with it, I don’t know. Both my wife and I had heard of this kind of thing but it surprised the hell out of us when It jumped out of my arms across the room. So I’m super careful now lol.

Happened to me once on a 12 pack beer night. Finished my run, picked up my truck and laid it on tailgate of truck. Turned off radio and truck instantly reved to 40K, grabbed the wheeliebar like a cobra and it did a burn out on the tailgate before I turned the radio off. Left black marks for months. Never happened again since.

Happened to me once on a 12 pack beer night. Finished my run, picked up my truck and laid it on tailgate of truck. Turned off radio and truck instantly reved to 40K, grabbed the wheeliebar like a cobra and it did a burn out on the tailgate before I turned the radio off. Left black marks for months. Never happened again since.
It only takes one time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back