Esc goes full throttle when transmitter is off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you turn off the transmitter first, that means the receiver isn't getting any input, so there are no instructions being sent to the esc, so it doesn't know what to do. Nothing wrong with the ESC, just need to be carefull and turn things on and off in the proper sequence.

I accidentally did this with one of my rc planes in the back of my truck once. It launched out of the back of the truck and Into a curb. Lesson learned. Pay attention to the procedures in the manual. They don't write all of that stuff down for the fun of it.

Last edited:
I'm surprised so many people just keep re-iterating the turn off truck first. instead of telling how to fix the problem so it doesn't happen again.

You need to set the fail safe settings between your esc and transmitter, that's the problem. otherwise, you may have a runaway truck on your hands if say you ever get out of range of your transmitter while bashing.

If you are still using the stock receiver and transmitter, then follow the procedure in the manual for calibrating radio/recvr.

I drove nitro cars, that taught me transmitter first on, last off.

I'm surprised so many people just keep re-iterating the turn off truck first. instead of telling how to fix the problem so it doesn't happen again.

You need to set the fail safe settings between your esc and transmitter, that's the problem. otherwise, you may have a runaway truck on your hands if say you ever get out of range of your transmitter while bashing.

If you are still using the stock receiver and transmitter, then follow the procedure in the manual for calibrating radio/recvr.
I'm too lazy to do it 🤣

Yes, it looks like the OP is driving a Limitless/Infraction as well. I've seen countless videos of speed runners going out of range. If it goes full throttle once it's out of range, so many bad things could happen.

Happened to me once on a 12 pack beer night. Finished my run, picked up my truck and laid it on tailgate of truck. Turned off radio and truck instantly reved to 40K, grabbed the wheeliebar like a cobra and it did a burn out on the tailgate before I turned the radio off. Left black marks for months. Never happened again since
How did it stop ?
Yes, it looks like the OP is driving a Limitless/Infraction as well. I've seen countless videos of speed runners going out of range. If it goes full throttle once it's out of range, so many bad things could happen.
Exactly!!!

Thank you I figured something was not right since I just calibrated it so I did something wrong and the answer I was looking so I know where to troubleshoot

If you turn off the transmitter first, that means the receiver isn't getting any input, so there are no instructions being sent to the esc, so it doesn't know what to do. Nothing wrong with the ESC, just need to be carefull and turn things on and off in the proper sequence.

I accidentally did this with one of my rc planes in the back of my truck once. It launched out of the back of the truck and Into a curb. Lesson learned. Pay attention to the procedures in the manual. They don't write all of that stuff down for the fun of it.
Thanks man finally some clarification I appreciate it.

@psmokDu87 What radio and receiver are you using ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back