ESC LV cut-off BLX 185

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManhattanRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Good evening

Just had a great day of bashing in the Northwoods of Central Park. Battery lasted forever felt like. I had about 45 minutes of great bashing, and then I drove the car about two miles home on a walk. I thought the battery life was great, but it was definitely a little bit more than I expected.

I was running 2 3s batteries in series in my Typhon. When I went to put them on the storage charger I noticed that one of my 3s batteries was reading 9.69 volts. Doing the math, you know at least one of those cells is below three and a half volts. I took the battery off the charger which is a venom pro duo, so I know that the voltmeter in there is fairly reliable. I then verified it with the second lipo checker at about 2.92 volts. The others were reading 3.5 and 3.6 respectively.

I use hobbystar batteries from RC juice which have been pretty reliable and I haven't had this issue before. I'm sure that batteries do fail eventually, but I'm a little concerned that the other five cells were around 3.5 volts and then the ESC decided to cut off. It never cut off one that one cell got lower than 3 volts. Anybody else have this issue, and is this an ESC problem?

Good evening

Just had a great day of bashing in the Northwoods of Central Park. Battery lasted forever felt like. I had about 45 minutes of great bashing, and then I drove the car about two miles home on a walk. I thought the battery life was great, but it was definitely a little bit more than I expected.

I was running 2 3s batteries in series in my Typhon. When I went to put them on the storage charger I noticed that one of my 3s batteries was reading 9.69 volts. Doing the math, you know at least one of those cells is below three and a half volts. I took the battery off the charger which is a venom pro duo, so I know that the voltmeter in there is fairly reliable. I then verified it with the second lipo checker at about 2.92 volts. The others were reading 3.5 and 3.6 respectively.

I use hobbystar batteries from RC juice which have been pretty reliable and I haven't had this issue before. I'm sure that batteries do fail eventually, but I'm a little concerned that the other five cells were around 3.5 volts and then the ESC decided to cut off. It never cut off one that one cell got lower than 3 volts. Anybody else have this issue, and is this an ESC problem?
That is a battery issue. The esc cannot detect individual cell voltages for determining the low voltage cutoff. Also, the esc cannot pull power from only one cell, it just naturally takes power from the cell that it can get the power from the easiest. It only takes the total voltage and divides it by the number of cells to get an average per cell.

It sucks when this happens and makes you wonder why they don't have escs that you can plug the balance plug into the esc so that it can monitor each cell.

Thanks. I'm going to balance charge it about a half an amp and then storage charge it to see if I can stabilize it.

I run it in one of my 3s Rigs and then check it every few minutes to see if it's an ongoing problem or a fluke. I checked these things constantly after every run to make sure they burned evenly. This is definitely a first.

Hopefully I don't get to try out that new bat safe I got. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back