Senton esc/motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/P

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
so was thinking upgrading esc/motor on my senton with a hobbywing max8 and 2400kv motor any thoughts?
the senton has typhon control arms and camber arms, Granit tires firma 85amp esc w/3200kv motor 57t spur and 13t pinon

The Max8 is a bit too much for the Arrma 3s line. If you want to do it, you will need steel diffs, CVDs, and many other things. Go with a Firma 130a and 2400kv 4068 motor.

Went mamba X/1415 2400kv in my senton. Goal was low temps while hot lapping in races on 3s.

Can’t speak on max 8 but if it fits I’d rather have the over head than not!

I think you are pushing the 85a esc on 3s?

Went mamba X/1415 2400kv in my senton. Goal was low temps while hot lapping in races on 3s.

This... that 85a ESC is going to overheat pretty quick if you're running 3S with that motor and gearing.
You need at minimum a 100a ESC with your current setup.

The Max8 is a bit too much for the Arrma 3s line. If you want to do it, you will need steel diffs, CVDs, and many other things. Go with a Firma 130a and 2400kv 4068 motor.
Thanks I will check into that

I am and getting motor so hot can't even touch it

so was thinking upgrading esc/motor on my senton with a hobbywing max8 and 2400kv motor any thoughts?
the senton has typhon control arms and camber arms, Granit tires firma 85amp esc w/3200kv motor 57t spur and 13t pinon
I think the Max 8 would be perfect and allow for 4s comfortably when you want it. As long as it fits, good choice. 2400 kv is a nice balance of torque and speed, but that is quite a bit more torque than you're drivetrain might be used to compared to the 3200kv stock. You might want to up the pinion a bit for better top end and less low end grunt. Let us now how it works out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back