Kraton esc mount on my kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdanKraton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
so after my thread about my kraton that caught on fire i ordered the hobbywing that some of you suggested, and now i have a few questions, i realize that one metal pin on my motor is missing (i include picture), can it be the reason it caught on fire?, and can i keep using it again on 3S only? (as i did until the day i tried 6s), and my esc won't fit to the plastic mount..how can i mount it? the 3M didn't hold at all.. and one last thing, my typhon screws (on the motor mount ) are really tight and i cant get them to unscrew i think the seller locked em with really strong locktite, what can i do? (i don't have heat gun)

IMG_20220504_163155.jpg

IMG_20220504_163201.jpg

IMG_20220504_170013.jpg

IMG_20220505_105818.jpg

IMG_20220505_105825.jpg

IMG_20220505_105830.jpg

IMG_20220505_105853.jpg

That motor connection won't hold. Simple as that. You could band aid it temporarily but I wouldn't. It needs repairing/replacing. Have the quick runs got the mounting holes underneath like the ezruns have?. If so trace it, pick the holes up and screw it onto the plate. Threads on here about doing it. Motor mount pins will need heat or you may ruin it by snapping the pins etc have you a soldering iron? In a pinch sit a candle under it for a while just to free it off. Good luck 👍

high quality 3m tape should hold, did you clean both surfaces with alcohol first (rubbing alcoho) not Bacardi 😂 you can always try to screw-in or put a zip tie around it as a backup.
I would replace that motor terminal.

You can cut the plastic ridge off the mounting plate to give you more room to mount the ESC. Clean the surfaces well and put a ziptie around the ESC/mount.

For the bullet question: (Heres' a guide.. I would recommend a 888D, Metcal, or Thermaltronics soldering gun)

For the seized bolts, I would recommend SeaFoam Deep Creep. Best to spray it on the seized bolt, wait 2 hours or so. And try to remove. If that doesn't work.. you can try Vampliers or Engineer PZ-58. The nuclear option would be to clamp your beloved RC car to a bench/floor standing drill, and drill the screws out. Kinda dangerous, you'd probably have to buy a new engine mount. Edit: Do you mean the pinion set screw.. ? Cause there's some other methods to try to get that off..

so after my thread about my kraton that caught on fire i ordered the hobbywing that some of you suggested, and now i have a few questions, i realize that one metal pin on my motor is missing (i include picture), can it be the reason it caught on fire?, and can i keep using it again on 3S only? (as i did until the day i tried 6s), and my esc won't fit to the plastic mount..how can i mount it? the 3M didn't hold at all.. and one last thing, my typhon screws (on the motor mount ) are really tight and i cant get them to unscrew i think the seller locked em with really strong locktite, what can i do? (i don't have heat gun)

View attachment 215645

View attachment 215646

View attachment 215647

View attachment 215648

View attachment 215649

View attachment 215650

View attachment 215651
Like others mentioned, replace that messed up bullet. I personally use Shoe goo to glue down my ESCS (hobby shop gave me that idea). I have yet to have an ESC come loose using that method. Even during bad crashes and jumps

Just need to solder on a replacement 4mm bullet. I agree just grind off the lip on the esc plate. I used hefty servo tape for my Max6. You can also zip tie or mount with the holes as mentioned above.

i use my dremel to cut a slit on the top of stripped screws so i can use a flat head on them. ive done this on almost every screw on my kraton at this point and replaced with stainless steel machine screws.

Need a new motor connector. No fixing that. Why fool around. Cheap enough to do it right.
User error got the best of that motor bullet connector some how. IMHO.:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back