ESC not working?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Op843

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
  3. 4x4-Mega
I have a arrma granite voltage Mega in the ESC must have burnt up or something I'm not sure as soon as you plug in the battery the motor kicks on even if the remote is off I ordered a arrma granite 4x4 esc i was wondering if I could use the remote from the voltage Mega for the farmer Granite 4x4 esc???

I have a arrma granite voltage Mega in the ESC must have burnt up or something I'm not sure as soon as you plug in the battery the motor kicks on even if the remote is off I ordered a arrma granite 4x4 esc i was wondering if I could use the remote from the voltage Mega for the farmer Granite 4x4 esc???
Any help would begrate

Always always always turn on your remote first and turn it off last. Turning on the truck first can cause it to jump forward or worse, take off across your house or yard at 100mph. And make sure your throttle trim on your remote is turned down. Set the truck up so the wheels aren't touching the ground so you can adjust things as needed.

Where did my post go? Hmmmm, seems like it was deleted. Anyway...

Same exact problem as mine, did you change any parts on the car ie: pinion, battery or was it all original? It was still fine the last time you had it running too correct and this just randomly started to happen after plugging in the battery one day correct?

Always always always turn on your remote first and turn it off last. Turning on the truck first can cause it to jump forward or worse, take off across your house or yard at 100mph. And make sure your throttle trim on your remote is turned down. Set the truck up so the wheels aren't touching the ground so you can adjust things as needed.
I'm fairly sure like me he meant the receiver was still off. Motor starts running the instant a battery is plugged in.

This 100%!

At no time should you ever have your car/ESC turned on without the transmitter on as well. The transmitter is always the first on and last off.
Same as above, and yet still no mention of the SRS setup failsafe that is non-existent. no sign of the esc going bad, no ill effects, just one day it worked, the next it does this.

Still the same thing. The receiver is on plug the battery in the motor just takes off throttle trim is all the way down the ESC is off the receiver is off I plug in the battery will still spend with everything off

Still the same thing. The receiver is on plug the battery in the motor just takes off throttle trim is all the way down the ESC is off the receiver is off I plug in the battery will still spend with everything off
Throttle trim all the way down is full reverse. It needs to be centered. ??

With everything off and it still runs sounds like a bad esc to me nothing should be happening with the esc turned off with the battery plugged in.

Rebind and recalibrate all. Paying attention to failsafe setup closely. TH Trim at neutral before calib. process. Then come back here.

Rebind and recalibrate all. Paying attention to failsafe setup closely. TH Trim at neutral before calib. process. Then come back here.

I would say that also but everything is turned off even esc and it still runs by what he's saying ?‍♂️

Sorry I missed that. His switch is off. And it takes off, radio or no radio ON....Bricked ESC.:oops:
Tip: when trouble shooting and running on the bench, remove the wheels and place rig on a stand. Its a lot safer.

I was gonna say that^

It’s internally shorted somehow. I’ve seen it before actually. My friend has a traxxas rustler with an old XL5 brushed 2s lipo esc that he runs 3s on. On 2s it runs perfectly fine but if you plug in a 3s, the car inches forward when the esc is off. When you pick it up off the ground, the wheels spin up by themselves.

Electricity is weird.

People get weird, electricity just has has a mind of its own.:LOL:

Haven't ran my granite in a while and have same issue if remote is on or off and truck is on or off onece battery is connected the motor runs full throttle. Throttle trim is at low. Very strange

Haven't ran my granite in a while and have same issue if remote is on or off and truck is on or off onece battery is connected the motor runs full throttle. Throttle trim is at low. Very strange
Try rebinding and then recalibrate remote to your ESC. Because "Failsafe" which prevents motor running without a TX signal, appears to be not setup correctly, if at all.
Aside from that, your ESC may be bricked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back