Kraton Esc only count till 3 when starting up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorisvb

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

In my k6 v5 blx with standard electronics i have a problem..

When i start up my rc it will only count to 3S(3beeps) and then the ready check/beep.
I've tried 3 different sets of batteries. For the rest the car just runs fine.

Anyone know how this could happen? I couldnt find anything about this problem,, im sorry if i post it in the wrong place.
Thanks in advance

Could be one questionable Lipo there?:unsure:
ESC starts/initializes by counting total voltage of the lipo from the Main leads. It measures the Lipo's total volts and counts out in Beeps what it interprets what the Cell count is based on the average.
Also, check your ESC, make sure the lipo setting is correct. Doubt this is the issue. But a chance it could be.

Hey guys,

In my k6 v5 blx with standard electronics i have a problem..

When i start up my rc it will only count to 3S(3beeps) and then the ready check/beep.
I've tried 3 different sets of batteries. For the rest the car just runs fine.

Anyone know how this could happen? I couldnt find anything about this problem,, im sorry if i post it in the wrong place.
Thanks in advance
Mine don’t even beep lol I have like 3 they did at the beginning.

I could be TOTALLY wrong on this it could not make a difference at all....just adding. Did you make a change to the ESC for the lipo cell. Is it on 3S vs auto....again I have limited knowledge here never changed this one so it could still be on 3S and found 6 beeps.... Not sure but just saying to check if it is an Firma ESC.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 1.25.27 PM.png

Mine don’t even beep lol I have like 3 they did at the beginning.
I find that some ESC's don't beep at all. Had a few of the BLX185's do this. But you can see the Motor pinion pulse with the cell count.
BTW, the Beep sounds are actually pulse frequencies generated from the Motor, not from the ESC.

I find that some ESC's don't beep at all. Had a few of the BLX185's do this. But you can see the Motor pinion pulse with the cell count.
BTW, the Beep sounds are actually pulse frequencies generated from the Motor, not from the ESC.
Yeah I know. the thing is the motor doesn’t even pulse at the beginning just red blinking but sound or pulsing not anymore but they run fine weird but true.

Yeah mine runs fine. Just no cell count. Light just flashes.
Also if ESC it is in Nimpack mode. (some older ESC's) There will be no cell count.

thanks for the responses guys, so i tried to: try 3 different sets of batteries, (checked the voltages of all 3, they're all good).
in the meanwhile when turning it on, it went to like 4 "beeps" a few times..
after that i tried another servo, because, well why not...
no fix, so switched it back.

then the next problem happend..
when turning it on, it instantly went into double green light+beep,, pauze, double green beep. like its stuck in settings mode or so..
I think ill just send horizon a mail, im afraid i wont be able to solve this.. its still under warranty for a few months.

thanks anyways.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back